The Labour Party

The fact that people on the Labour right have made racist comments and he's said nothing? Including anti-Semitism and holocaust denial.
He's said nothing about this either. I was merely saying he made a good argument about the topic when someone else made the same mistake as Abbot. Maybe he'll be invited to talk about it in the coming days and we'll see.

Equally as abhorrent, though not being of the Traveller/Auburn haired communities, I don't feel it's my place to speak on their behalf, only to share my disgust at the comments if they too feel that way.

Odd that you didn't find fault at all, though.
Apart from inferring she was an idiot?

Nobody is defending Abbott, just noticing the selective outrage.

Apart from inferring she was an idiot?

Nobody is defending Abbott, just noticing the selective outrage.
You focus on the selective outrage aspect then.

I'll focus on the actual comments she's made.

Not at all, I'm asking why her comments are more of a story than the two people I mentioned.
I think Steve Reed probably had a bit more plausible deniability that he hadn't intended to be anti-Semitic, and apologised immediately. He said very quickly that he didn't know Desmond was Jewish, and withdrew the comment.

Duffield's is a lot more complex. I can't even begin to unpick whether that's a sackable offence.

I'd put them in the same category as the Long-Bailey stuff, where she was asked to delete the tweets liking the Maxine Peake article, but refused. She kept the whip, and could have kept her job if she'd done that.

Diane does put up with a huge amount of unfair shit, and has done throughout her career, but this isn't a tweet or like that she's immediately apologised for, it's a lengthy argument which diminishes anti-Semitism. How it could be a mistaken "early draft" is bizarre - there can't have been a point where that argument accidentally appeared in her drafts of the letter.

Last edited:
The fact that people on the Labour right have made racist comments and he's said nothing? Including anti-Semitism and holocaust denial.
Ah, just noticed there is a quote from him about this incident. I didn't know about that.

To be honest, I can't say I follow him or anything, so I can't speak for his record on speaking out on other incidents. Just thought his argument was pretty good in the video I posted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.