The Labour Party

He's bringing that photo up to discredit someone's opinion without having to actually engage with them. Not that I even posted Baddiel's comments on the Whoopi Goldberg incident. But here it is, if anyone's interested.

So, it's more 'whatboutery' then. Has Baddiel made any comments about Abbott's comments today, btw?

He's bringing that photo up to discredit someone's opinion without having to actually engage with them. Not that I even posted Baddiel's comments on the Whoopi Goldberg incident. But here it is, if anyone's interested.

He's selective about who he criticises for racism. Why is that?

I couldn't tell you.

This is the story that has my current attention since it's been highlighted in the news today. Researching her comments leads me to conclude she should never represent the Labour Party as a candidate ever again.

Comparing other comments doesn't excuse, lessen, soften or change the fact that Abbott is a very silly, misguided person who needs educating about what those sort of comments do and how they affect others. Good enough?
Where I do have a bit of sympathy for Diane is that she's probably received more racist (and probably sexist) abuse from people than anyone else in the history of parliament. Her comments therefore probably accurately reflect her feelings, if not her considered opinion. Although it's quite hard to argue that it's not your considered opinion if you've written it as a letter rather than a Tweet or said it as an off-hand comment. The question is whether she's apologized because she's educated herself and realised she was wrong, or is just doing it as a form of damage control.

I couldn't tell you.

This is the story that has my current attention since it's been highlighted in the news today. Researching her comments myself leads me to conclude she should never represent the Labour Party as a candidate ever again.

Comparing other comments doesn't excuse, lessen, soften or change the fact that Abbott is a very silly, misguided person who needs educating about what those sort of comments do and how they affect others. Good enough?

It doesn't, you're correct. If you're not calling it out from everybody though, I won't pay that much attention.

So, it's more 'whatboutery' then. Has Baddiel made any comments about Abbott's comments today, btw?
Not that I know of. I was comparing the incidents, because I would presume he'd make the same argument about Dianne Abbot's comments since they echo Goldberg's sentiments at the time of this interview. How is that whataboutery?

Yeah, we Jews tend to go a bit overboard on the ol' 'anti-semitism'. We should learn to lighten up, right.
Not really. But then again I wouldn't have the misplaced confidence to project my personal views as a representation of a whole demographic.
Any thoughts about the other minorities excluded from Abbots idiotic letter?

It doesn't, you're correct. If you're not calling it out from everybody though, I won't pay that much attention.
I don't ask for any attention to be on me, all of it needs to be on the comments made, and not attempted to deflect away from them.

Not really. But then again I wouldn't have the misplaced confidence to project my personal views as a representation of a whole demographic.
Any thoughts about the other minorities excluded from Abbots idiotic letter?
Equally as abhorrent, though not being of the Traveller/Auburn haired communities, I don't feel it's my place to speak on their behalf, only to share my disgust at the comments if they too feel that way.

Odd that you didn't find fault at all, though.

Not that I know of. I was comparing the incidents, because I would presume he'd make the same argument about Dianne Abbot's comments since they echo Goldberg's sentiments at the time of this interview. How is that whataboutery?
I'm not criticising you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.