The Labour Party

She claimed to have had an issue with her diabetes that caused brain farts and car crash interviews in 2017. I suspect this is what happened here again.

Quite astonishing for someone that studied history at Cambridge to overlook the nazis when typing that paragraph, if she wasn't in ill health.

Not sure it needs Baddiel's condemnation until she starts going on TV in fancy dress.

You hinted at a meaning and that people in Hackney would confirm it. Might be better if you expressed an opinion rather than this tedious nitpicking.
I didn't hint. Her letter is pretty clear, and I was saying I'd heard that same argument many times.

I wasn't hinting that people in Hackney knew she had these views - (I can see that if you assumed that it might sound conspiratorial, although you could have asked rather than being rude). I meant that I'd heard the argument a lot that racism is a black/white issue, and that the problems that white people in minority groups faced was different (and usually less important). It's not an uncommon view, and to me there isn't much she could have said to redeem that letter.

Key thing is Starmer and Labour see the article over breakfast and she is suspended by lunchtime ( rightly )

If this was say Des Swayne Sunak and the Tory response would be see how it plays out in the press on Monday. If needs be set up a KC led enquiry. When the report comes in let Swayne see it so he can decide whether to resign or not then as a last resort suspend the whip over the summer recess

I didn't hint. Her letter is pretty clear, and I was saying I'd heard that same argument many times.

I wasn't hinting that people in Hackney knew she had these views - (I can see that if you assumed that it might sound conspiratorial, although you could have asked rather than being rude). I meant that I'd heard the argument a lot that racism is a black/white issue, and that the problems that white people in minority groups faced was different (and usually less important). It's not an uncommon view, and to me there isn't much she could have said to redeem that letter.
I'd heard ??? Your initial intervention was about me piling on her perceived lack of intelligence and now it's because I fail to recognise that she's a divisive race baiter. Triangulation is off the scale with you no wonder you're a believer;-)

I'd heard ??? Your initial intervention was about me piling on her perceived lack of intelligence and now it's because I fail to recognise that she's a divisive race baiter. Triangulation is off the scale with you no wonder you're a believer;-)

To me, your argument read that you think she's stupid, and therefore she didn't really mean what was in the letter, as she wasn't clever enough to articulate what she was truly trying to say. If I've got that wrong, then I'd love to hear what you did mean.

I pointed out that calling her stupid wasn't particularly nice, because she isn't stupid, and she gets that shit all the time, and I expected you would know better.

I also said I don't think her argument is the mistaken words of a "stupid" person, as it's not an uncommon argument. And yes, "I'd heard" the same argument many times from other people, which is why I know a lot of people have similar views.

If you can explain how that's triangulation then I'd love to know.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.