The Labour Party

In what way are Labour worse than this current lot of Conservatives?

Do you believe that Labour could be more corrupt and negligent? Is it possible for them to be?
I might counter-ask 'in what way are Starmer's Labour better than this current lot of Conservatives?' Purely politically.

And with regard to negligence and corruption, we just need to jump back to the end of the first New Labour term, when running the country became a side-show to all the bullshit we now know about. I mean, Mendelson ghost has been wafting through this conference.

But I ll be honest with you, just hearing Reeves talking about The Office for Budget Responsibility being brought in by law to be able to veto any further government's budget tel's me enough about Starmer's government and no surprise Mark Carney loved it. Everything else by her and him was redundant, we are just changing colour shades of the society that doesn't wan't progress and change and sees conservatism ( the small c) as a way forward.

I might counter-ask 'in what way are Starmer's Labour better than this current lot of Conservatives?' Purely politically.

And with regard to negligence and corruption, we just need to jump back to the end of the first New Labour term, when running the country became a side-show to all the bullshit we now know about. I mean, Mendelson ghost has been wafting through this conference.

But I ll be honest with you, just hearing Reeves talking about The Office for Budget Responsibility being brought in by law to be able to veto any further government's budget tel's me enough about Starmer's government and no surprise Mark Carney loved it. Everything else by her and him was redundant, we are just changing colour shades of the society that doesn't wan't progress and change and sees conservatism ( the small c) as a way forward.
If you are judging Labour’s actions from 15 years ago, your point seems moot.

Labour will never get elected by running manifestos that scare the markets. It’s far better to get in, hopefully with a huge majority, and then start to change the system. That’s how I would coordinate their campaign.

If you are judging Labour’s actions from 15 years ago, your point seems moot.

Labour will never get elected by running manifestos that scare the markets. It’s far better to get in, hopefully with a huge majority, and then start to change the system. That’s how I would coordinate their campaign.
Unfortunately we need to judge this Labour party by the actions of the Old New one, because they are almost like New Labour 2.0, but worse actually by being policy light.
Having a keynote that OBR will became the non-elected body which is effectively a decision maker in how the country is run, and which is totally big business dependent and friendly is not changing the system.
Or just accept I as I dd, we are basically conservative and reactionary country that doesn't want the change.

Unfortunately we need to judge this Labour party by the actions of the Old New one, because they are almost like New Labour 2.0, but worse actually by being policy light.
Having a keynote that OBR will became the non-elected body which is effectively a decision maker in how the country is run, and which is totally big business dependent and friendly is not changing the system.
Or just accept I as I dd, we are basically conservative and reactionary country that doesn't want the change.
Fair enough. You just sound like a Tory voter, given you can’t get yourself to vote for any Labour government that is pure and left enough.

The most important aspect of this next election is to rid Parliament of the 2019 MPs elected to be Boris and Brexit shills. We need politicians with brains again.

Fair enough. You just sound like a Tory voter, given you can’t get yourself to vote for any Labour government that is pure and left enough.

The most important aspect of this next election is to rid Parliament of the 2019 MPs elected to be Boris and Brexit shills. We need politicians with brains again.
Always voted Labour, but not this time. Met him during the time of London riots, he came up as a very decent man, but unfortunately not my kind of politician. And now I find his political stance utterly repugnant.

Always voted Labour, but not this time. Met him during the time of London riots, he came up as a very decent man, but unfortunately not my kind of politician. And now I find his political stance utterly repugnant.
Ok. That’s your choice.

Seems odd that Labour are held to a higher bar of standards than the Tories, but then again, nobody expects more from them.

How will they build 1.5m new homes without using up more wildlife habitat? Genuine question, not a dig at any political party, I’m just concerned that they all say they will restore nature and habitat loss, fight climate change. But how can that fit with such a vast scale of house building?

Traditionally, Labour haven‘t been the best at equipping our armed forces (though neither have the Tories to be honest!), but given the state of the world, and increased threat from a belligerent Russia, will they spend enough to actually give the guys and girls whose lives will be on the line defending our freedom the equipment and support they need? We need more jets, more drones and more ships.

What are the party’s plans for increasing investment in UK business and science?

After listening to two of them I actually wouldn't mind Tories staying in power. And I fucking hate the motherfuckers.

Hmm let’s get this straight.

Sunak’s speech.
- Cancelled HS2 after a week of denials.
- Smoking ban
- Renaming A Levels and T Levels again.
- Farage welcome in the party.

Starmer Speech.
- 1.5m new homes. Tax on foreigners buying houses which will raise £25m a year to clear the planning backlog.
- Set up a covid fraud recovery department
- close non-Dom tax loophole to raise £3.6B a year ringfenced for the NHS

And you think Sunak’s conference went better?

How will they build 1.5m new homes without using up more wildlife habitat? Genuine question, not a dig at any political party, I’m just concerned that they all say they will restore nature and habitat loss, fight climate change. But how can that fit with such a vast scale of house building?

Traditionally, Labour haven‘t been the best at equipping our armed forces (though neither have the Tories to be honest!), but given the state of the world, and increased threat from a belligerent Russia, will they spend enough to actually give the guys and girls whose lives will be on the line defending our freedom the equipment and support they need? We need more jets, more drones and more ships.

What are the party’s plans for increasing investment in UK business and science?

They said they’re going to build on “grey belt” land.

Which is green belt that’s been downgraded because it’s next to industry, transport or already been built on (presumably before getting designated green belt)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.