The Labour Party

A vote here an a vote there, every little helps.

I struggle to call this sorry affair ‘helping’.

Although, it does take some heat off the actual Prime Minster appearing on a cult conspiracy YouTube Channel which is home to some of the guff being spouted by the offending Labour candidate.

Which is kind of ironic I guess.

You think he handled it well then?

I suppose it’s only an issue if you actually take issue with what Ali said in the first place. If you believe him, like a lot of people on here do, it’s probably not something you care about.

Labour candidate turns out be a conspiracy nut. Labour dumps said nut 48 hours later.

Beyond that my interest is negligible.

To be honest, I don't think this is a great look for Labour and Starmer and I'm saying that as someone who will definitely be voting Labour at the next election. I'd be interested to know how much Starmer was aware of Ali's other comments that are now out in the public domain. On the face of it, Starmer has done a good job of ridding the party of a lot of the anti-Semitism that blighted Corbyn's leadership but this shows that AS still exists in certain quarters. It's all a bit odd because not that long ago Starmer was coming under fire from many within his own party for what what they believed was him pandering to Israel's action in Gaza, yet here is arguably pandering (at first anyway) to someone who's been peddling anti-Israel/anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

Labour candidate turns out be a conspiracy nut. Labour dumps said nut 48 hours later.

Beyond that my interest is negligible.

After defending said nut. Until some mysterious new evidence came to light yesterday.

So to recap…Labour were happy with what said nut had originally said but once they allege said nut repeated elsewhere what said nut had previously said, and something Labour were happy with as they said said nut had said sorry…but transpires the fact said nut had said it more than once was deemed a bridge too far. Apparently saying something multiple times and then changing your mind is only something Sir Keir can do…

After defending said nut. Until some mysterious new evidence came to light yesterday.

So to recap…Labour were happy with what said nut had originally said but once they allege said nut repeated elsewhere what said nut had previously said, and something Labour were happy with as they said said nut had said sorry…but transpires the fact said nut had said it more than once was deemed a bridge too far. Apparently saying something multiple times and then changing your mind is only something Sir Keir can do…

Yes. They gave him an initial pass. Found out he had more form for this shit then fucked him off.

I appreciate you agreeing with me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

I don’t trust Labour any more than I trust the Tories, they seem to dither and then do a U-turn as soon as they find out it was a bad idea or in the latest case, he should have been withdrawn in the first place. The people of Rochdale might vote him in but this was sheer incompetence by Starmer. I fear we will be no better off until we get some proper leaders in this country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.