The Lack of Atmosphere

......I forgot to add years ago we had fuck all to do but sing as the football wasn't worth watching so we made our own entertainment!

Didsbury Dave said:
20 minutes of two stands singing different songs at once, then tension as we fell away. Lots of roaring late on.

That's just how it is. Some occasions get better atmospheres than others. IT won't ever change much until we pull the two singing bits together.

Stating the obvious but true! Get the AWAY fans moved to the THIRD tier (It's not ROCKET SCIENCE CITY) Easy said than done I know but the club should have thought about this when we moved from Maine Road!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guvnors son mcfc said:
I thought the south stand and singing corner were pretty loud last night. I sit in east 104 and it is shocking , truly shocking, maybe 30 making any effort in blocks 102 and 104 put together .

The club should just set up a "cant be arsed making any noise except on derby day" section and stick them on the third tiers.

I'm 45 so not sure if that is middle aged but I make a decent effort and will be just as noisy and passionate at 65.

Not having a go at any blues but a noisy hostile atmosphere can make a big difference to unsettling the opposition and especially in the big games .

If you sit there and choose to just watch and do not appeal for corners , free kicks then that is fine, but you are not doing your bit.

If you leave with 5 minutes to go or when the board went up for 3 minutes at 1-0 down in a game of such magnitude then fine again , but the team really need EVERY one of you at that time, so again you are not supporting the team.

Lots of tourists last night from lots of different nationalities and JCL's, again we need these new fans but if you are reading this then you are welcome to support our great club but add some value add some passion, don't just sit there taking photos of each other whilst waving your own national flags. They are not the colours of Man City , support City ! Do not turn our club into Old Fucking Trafford !!

We all come on here and slag certain players, but we have our roles to play too.

Attending is great but I really don't get how so many can sit on their hands, never sing or shout ( unless the team is winning by a good score ) or against United when everyone seem to always find their voices ?????

The ones that left early last night, well only they can answer that one but I can only suggest that they are half arsed about the outcome. We were pushing like mad for an equalizer how the fuck can you leave ?

I sit/stand in 104 I enjoy watching the game is it alright to do that if I sing occasionally.

Maybe if the club stopped playing music at full volume through the pa until the point the ref blows for kick off you may get fans chanting and singing more. It completely drowns out the crowd which is most likely why people remain quiet nowadays. Why bother if you can't even hear yourself . Its absurd at the moment and is deafening. I can remember years ago, watching the Kippax fill up as a youngster. You used to get in that stand a good half hour before kick off. Even in the Platt Lane benches. By the time the team ran out the ground would be buzzing. All without a constant fucking din of deafening music or constant pa announcements. Drives me up the wall. And to be honest, I've always found Blue Moon to be such a bloody dirge anyway. Much preferred that Doves City jingle they used to play a few years back before the teams came out but I wish they'd calm it down with the music and let the atmosphere develop naturally. Let's face it we have big games on a regular basis now and last night could've been like a derby atmosphere or even like Hamburg UEFA cup match if that infernal pa was turned off other than announcing the teams. I appreciate you're gonna play music or show a few recent goals or interviews on the scoreboard screens but not up to the point of kick off, it just completely nullifies any thought of joining in a chant or sing song if you just can't hear yourselves. That's my take on the atmosphere thing anyway. Mind you, its most likely the same at quite a lot of big grounds these days.

The atmosphere was terrible last night, i sit in East Stand 306 and it was silent..

Its not the stadium that effects the atmosphere, it is the fans..

They just dont get behind the team.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The thing that took the sting out of the atmosphere last night for me was the sudden, unexpected loss of one of our best players right before the game. I was bang up for it for ages but when I was in the pub and saw the teamsheets I knew we were gonna find it hard. Took the wind out of my sails big time. Not that I'm saying I won't be up for it if we look like we're gonna lose - that often makes me up for it more, but to have the legs swepts unexpectedly from beneath you right before the game probably took it out of a lot of people. I was up for making it a big atmosphere and to give it to mourinho but I think most people knew he was gonna have the last laugh with this one

I gave that little slant eyed " Wise" a mouthful, he only showed his friggin face when Cheski scored!

grim up north said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
I thought the south stand and singing corner were pretty loud last night. I sit in east 104 and it is shocking , truly shocking, maybe 30 making any effort in blocks 102 and 104 put together .

The club should just set up a "cant be arsed making any noise except on derby day" section and stick them on the third tiers.

I'm 45 so not sure if that is middle aged but I make a decent effort and will be just as noisy and passionate at 65.

Not having a go at any blues but a noisy hostile atmosphere can make a big difference to unsettling the opposition and especially in the big games .

If you sit there and choose to just watch and do not appeal for corners , free kicks then that is fine, but you are not doing your bit.

If you leave with 5 minutes to go or when the board went up for 3 minutes at 1-0 down in a game of such magnitude then fine again , but the team really need EVERY one of you at that time, so again you are not supporting the team.

Lots of tourists last night from lots of different nationalities and JCL's, again we need these new fans but if you are reading this then you are welcome to support our great club but add some value add some passion, don't just sit there taking photos of each other whilst waving your own national flags. They are not the colours of Man City , support City ! Do not turn our club into Old Fucking Trafford !!

We all come on here and slag certain players, but we have our roles to play too.

Attending is great but I really don't get how so many can sit on their hands, never sing or shout ( unless the team is winning by a good score ) or against United when everyone seem to always find their voices ?????

The ones that left early last night, well only they can answer that one but I can only suggest that they are half arsed about the outcome. We were pushing like mad for an equalizer how the fuck can you leave ?

I sit/stand in 104 I enjoy watching the game is it alright to do that if I sing occasionally.

Yep fine, you must be one of the 30 that I complimented ;)

My ten pence worth: take a leaf out of the scouser's book - at Anfield, the Kop is the Kop and has a bigger self respect for itself than any need to go and give banter to the away fans who are distant and largely ignored.

Clearly our fans prefer to get close to the away fans and surround them from both sides so this means that we do have the same 3000 hard-core singers as the away fans, but they are all together and we are divided. When we go away of course it becomes the other way around. Even in the 1970s we had two singing contingents one based in the North Stand and the other in the Kippax.

There was even a chant from the North Stand that went: "If your going in the Kippax wipe your hands"!

As many people have noted above we need a single Kippax section defining and it needs to be located opposite to the Away fans: we could then put the tourists and part-timers either side of the away fans and leave them to it.

oakiecokie said:
guvnors son mcfc said:

Ah the usual "I`m a real fan because I stayed until 9.56 pm" !

Typical sarcastic remark!

I thought it was pretty good last night. Few chants that seemed to go round the ground even though we were losing. The odd bods up with me in Level 3 even joining in!

What always surprises me on here is how people go on about how the atmosphere compares to Maine Road. In my view, apart from the really big games, the atmosphere was shite. A 24000 capacity Kippax stand along the whole pitch side diluted it apart from the bit near the away fans. As a kid, I was amazed at how loud it was from the home fans at away games in comparison.

Would agree though that with the new expansion, we just need one big fuck off home end behind the goal to beef up the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.