The Lack of Atmosphere

I Live In A Blue House said:
oakiecokie said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
I thought the south stand and singing corner were pretty loud last night. I sit in east 104 and it is shocking , truly shocking, maybe 30 making any effort in blocks 102 and 104 put together .

The club should just set up a "cant be arsed making any noise except on derby day" section and stick them on the third tiers.

I'm 45 so not sure if that is middle aged but I make a decent effort and will be just as noisy and passionate at 65.

Not having a go at any blues but a noisy hostile atmosphere can make a big difference to unsettling the opposition and especially in the big games .

If you sit there and choose to just watch and do not appeal for corners , free kicks then that is fine, but you are not doing your bit.

If you leave with 5 minutes to go or when the board went up for 3 minutes at 1-0 down in a game of such magnitude then fine again , but the team really need EVERY one of you at that time, so again you are not supporting the team.

Lots of tourists last night from lots of different nationalities and JCL's, again we need these new fans but if you are reading this then you are welcome to support our great club but add some value add some passion, don't just sit there taking photos of each other whilst waving your own national flags. They are not the colours of Man City , support City ! Do not turn our club into Old Fucking Trafford !!

We all come on here and slag certain players, but we have our roles to play too.

Attending is great but I really don't get how so many can sit on their hands, never sing or shout ( unless the team is winning by a good score ) or against United when everyone seem to always find their voices ?????

The ones that left early last night, well only they can answer that one but I can only suggest that they are half arsed about the outcome. We were pushing like mad for an equalizer how the fuck can you leave ?

Ah the usual "I`m a real fan because I stayed until 9.56 pm" !

Typical sarcastic remark!

Get to bed sonny before your Mum belts yer one.

It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or the pre-match entertainment. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types. Which is why they outsing us on a regular basis. And the bloke with his guitar doesn't seem to put them off?

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are stone cold sober, just finished a days graft, and are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's blindingly obvious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-brJrPab4[/youtube]

alfabianchi said:
It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or the pre-match entertainment. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types. Which is why they outsing us on a regular basis. And the bloke with his guitar doesn't seem to put them off?

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are stone cold sober, just finished a days graft, and are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's blindingly obvious.

I'm sure I've read this before somewhere

alfabianchi said:

Two completely different attitudes to watching football. Ours show no emotion just sitting there like cardboard cut outs.

alfabianchi said:

Are you suggesting that its us old cunts who are spoiling the atmosphere that apparently doesn`t exist ? ;)

alfabianchi said:

I'm a middle age Man I have grey hair but still sing my heart out and bounce around a bit in 212 right next to the aways.

alfabianchi said:

I too had a look around on Monday and the whole crowd round us have changed from the last 3 or 4 decades. That's why there's no atmosphere, the hardcore working class have been driven away and most fans now just sit there expecting to be entertained for our money and wait for the players to create the atmosphere by scoring and winning. Sad really but that's the reality of 90% of our home games now and it will not change.

This isn't a new thing - I remember plenty of games at Maine rd, particularly at night, when all you could hear was the players shouting - the atmosphere obviously cranked up for big games or if the events of the game generated it. The "the best team in all the land" song was started by 3 or 4 pissed up blokes in the kippax - nobody else joining in Just 3 or 4 people singing with the rest of the kippax quiet - bit like the bloke in 154? with the nasri song. So don't think things have changed, because they haven't

We're not in Greece or Italy or wherever - we're in fckin Manchester with the rain, the smiths and adie mike - drums and singalongs would have been shunned 30 years ago where the majority could just about be roused for a "city, city" or a Munich song - so it's not new, if you want a decent atmosphere - go to an away game

bored at work said:
This isn't a new thing - I remember plenty of games at Maine rd, particularly at night, when all you could hear was the players shouting - the atmosphere obviously cranked up for big games or if the events of the game generated it. The "the best team in all the land" song was started by 3 or 4 pissed up blokes in the kippax - nobody else joining in Just 3 or 4 people singing with the rest of the kippax quiet - bit like the bloke in 154? with the nasri song. So don't think things have changed, because they haven't

We're not in Greece or Italy or wherever - we're in fckin Manchester with the rain, the smiths and adie mike - drums and singalongs would have been shunned 30 years ago where the majority could just about be roused for a "city, city" or a Munich song - so it's not new, if you want a decent atmosphere - go to an away game

Exactly!

Too many people on here just want it all yesterday.

They want the best team.
They want the best atmosphere.
They want the best stadium.
They want the best press coverage.
They want the most money.
They want the biggest transfers.
They want the cheapest Season Tickets.
They want the best food.
They want the cheapest food.
They want the most goals.
They want the cheapest beer.

With regard to atmosphere, and you will need to think about this one people, ..... If you can hear it is quiet, it is because your doing fuck all singing yourself.

Oh yes, .. I've just remembered another one,

They want others to create their atmosphere rather than do it themselves.

In short, if you put as much effort into making noise as you do about moaning about silence then your ears would be bleeding!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.