The Lack of Atmosphere

yayas trusty right foot said:
The atmosphere was terrible last night, i sit in East Stand 306 and it was silent..

Its not the stadium that effects the atmosphere, it is the fans..

They just dont get behind the team.

I sit in 105 and it wasn't too bad. Maybe it's because I shout a lot. You should try it. Livens things up no end

paulchapo said:
......I forgot to add years ago we had fuck all to do but sing as the football wasn't worth watching so we made our own entertainment!

agreed, this is why I supported city, it wasn't because Alan Ball had his team playing amazing football, to a 6 year old seeing the north stand singing "And we all love city..." was quite entertaining!

Dick wipes in yellow coats with showsec on the back. 2000 u****d fans stand against barriers in front of the k stand get told nothing by the club however our clubs administrators think its a good idea to badger our home fans and do /say nothing to the away fans. They need to have a good look at themselves as they keep harping on about a singing section and do everything to subdue people willing to sing.

Its funny they constantly email us questionnaires on how we can purchase more things off them but do not ask us what our feelings are towards security and the people they employ to do it.

foxy said:
paulchapo said:
......I forgot to add years ago we had fuck all to do but sing as the football wasn't worth watching so we made our own entertainment!

agreed, this is why I supported city, it wasn't because Alan Ball had his team playing amazing football, to a 6 year old seeing the north stand singing "And we all love city..." was quite entertaining!

It was great fun at times.I remember when we first did the ''Stand up if you love City'' and it went all around the ground.I remember the players from both sides used to look at us at times in disbelief wondering what we were on,singing and laughing as we were getting tonked!

Psychodelic said:
Maybe if the club stopped playing music at full volume through the pa until the point the ref blows for kick off you may get fans chanting and singing more. It completely drowns out the crowd which is most likely why people remain quiet nowadays. Why bother if you can't even hear yourself . Its absurd at the moment and is deafening. I can remember years ago, watching the Kippax fill up as a youngster. You used to get in that stand a good half hour before kick off. Even in the Platt Lane benches. By the time the team ran out the ground would be buzzing. All without a constant fucking din of deafening music or constant pa announcements. Drives me up the wall. And to be honest, I've always found Blue Moon to be such a bloody dirge anyway. Much preferred that Doves City jingle they used to play a few years back before the teams came out but I wish they'd calm it down with the music and let the atmosphere develop naturally. Let's face it we have big games on a regular basis now and last night could've been like a derby atmosphere or even like Hamburg UEFA cup match if that infernal pa was turned off other than announcing the teams. I appreciate you're gonna play music or show a few recent goals or interviews on the scoreboard screens but not up to the point of kick off, it just completely nullifies any thought of joining in a chant or sing song if you just can't hear yourselves. That's my take on the atmosphere thing anyway. Mind you, its most likely the same at quite a lot of big grounds these days.

Exact a f***ing mundo!

Not long before kick off peolple in 111(110) tried to get a chant going, only to be drowned out by the tannoy system. In the end the chant just died out and People gave up and waited until the tannoy went silent.

I stand corrected, feel free, but wasn't the announcer reading out the City team while the teams were waiting to kick off?

One more thing that really get's on my tits from a personal point of view. Fans watching the goal replays on the big screen.

Goal>celebrate>chants.(past)

Goal>celebrate>turn around/pause/watch goal replay> chants?(present)

It's like watching a group of..........
[bigimg]http://rateeveryanimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/meerkat-family.jpg[/bigimg]

looking at the video screen after each goal.

Psychodelic said:
Maybe if the club stopped playing music at full volume through the pa until the point the ref blows for kick off you may get fans chanting and singing more. It completely drowns out the crowd which is most likely why people remain quiet nowadays. Why bother if you can't even hear yourself . Its absurd at the moment and is deafening. I can remember years ago, watching the Kippax fill up as a youngster. You used to get in that stand a good half hour before kick off. Even in the Platt Lane benches. By the time the team ran out the ground would be buzzing. All without a constant fucking din of deafening music or constant pa announcements. Drives me up the wall. And to be honest, I've always found Blue Moon to be such a bloody dirge anyway. Much preferred that Doves City jingle they used to play a few years back before the teams came out but I wish they'd calm it down with the music and let the atmosphere develop naturally. Let's face it we have big games on a regular basis now and last night could've been like a derby atmosphere or even like Hamburg UEFA cup match if that infernal pa was turned off other than announcing the teams. I appreciate you're gonna play music or show a few recent goals or interviews on the scoreboard screens but not up to the point of kick off, it just completely nullifies any thought of joining in a chant or sing song if you just can't hear yourselves. That's my take on the atmosphere thing anyway. Mind you, its most likely the same at quite a lot of big grounds these days.
Brilliant post. You cant make people sing but you can help set the right conditions. Their just isn't any build up or buzz in the stands before games anymore.

I remember a few games back in the day when you could hear the singing coming from the concourses before the game but yeah they feck it all up now with shite music and the knob with a microphone, the people they have singing bluemoon is just cringe.

Psychodelic said:

Exact a f***ing mundo!

Not long before kick off peolple in 111(110) tried to get a chant going, only to be drowned out by the tannoy system. In the end the chant just died out and People gave up and waited until the tannoy went silent.

I stand corrected, feel free, but wasn't the announcer reading out the City team while the teams were waiting to kick off?

One more thing that really get's on my tits from a personal point of view. Fans watching the goal replays on the big screen.

Goal>celebrate>chants.(past)

Goal>celebrate>turn around/pause/watch goal replay> chants?(present)

It's like watching a group of..........
[bigimg]http://rateeveryanimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/meerkat-family.jpg[/bigimg]

looking at the video screen after each goal.

To be honest we need some new moans as well .

These moans are getting tedious now.

Same old moans

We need some new ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.