The Lake District ... stunning !!

We go cycling around the lake district every year for 4 days. Absolutely love it. Can't bloody wait to do it again.

We haven't been this year though. Last time we went my mate came off his bike coming down Honnister Pass into Buttermere, which was a bit nasty. He was very lucky not to be seriously injured, but he took a lot of skin off and mangled his bike.

Riding over the Kirkstone Pass in a blizzard in February a few years ago was a challenge too.

Absolutely love the Lake District. Not been for a couple of years actually, need another trip. And I know this is sacrilege to proper Lake District aficionados but I even like a visit to Bowness!

Haha I love Bowness. I can spend all day in the Hole in the Wall!

Windermere has got some good bars now too.

We go every year, love it. We walk to Ambleside and get the boat back.

Distington or Cleator Moor.

I married a girl from Cleator Moor many years ago. We would go up to stay with her family sometimes and have a night out - what a fucking eye opener that was! Blokes playing pool on a table so soaked with beer that the balls left a spray as they moved. The men’s bogs had one of those old wall length urinals that went down to floor level with a drain at one end. It had blocked and the floor was swimming in piss, fag ends and god knows what else so the barman got a pool cue, poked it at the drain til it unblocked and then put the cue back on the table!
The wife was fucking bonkers too.....

We go cycling around the lake district every year for 4 days. Absolutely love it. Can't bloody wait to do it again.

We haven't been this year though. Last time we went my mate came off his bike coming down Honnister Pass into Buttermere, which was a bit nasty. He was very lucky not to be seriously injured, but he took a lot of skin off and mangled his bike.

Riding over the Kirkstone Pass in a blizzard in February a few years ago was a challenge too.
Coincidentally we enjoyed a Sunday Roast in one of the two pubs in Buttermere only yesterday.Seriously.Its the other pub than The Fish.

Coincidentally we enjoyed a Sunday Roast in one of the two pubs in Buttermere only yesterday.Seriously.Its the other pub than The Fish.

You need to go to the western lakes mate, wast water, eskdale. My view from my old back garden.
a8aad8d8458c53b65065c0cf79ecebe3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.