the last great football game?

danburge82 said:
Argentina v England, Geneva 2005.

England won 3-2 and Raquelme was great for the Argies but Rooney was OUTSTANDING for England, Rooneys best ever game that I've seen!
It was a proper toe-to-toe slug-out where either team could have won and were both playing great football!

this ^^^ was possibly second only on my list of all time england games to the holland 4-1 in euro'96. remember getting a few cans in with a red i know and proper getting carried away with it all. care far more about city and i mean 1000 times more but still passionate about england when they play. this was how all friendlies should be. i have a vision....................

This, because it was my first live game!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgeg9yhknE[/youtube]

It's also why I have an unhealthy hate for Charlton, not sure why really.

2 games always stand out for me as absolute classics :

Brazil vs Italy in Espana 82 ended 2:3 fantastic

And France vs Germany (the Schumaker one) 3:4

It was at that point i realised how much my dad hated Germans and that the good guys dont always win !!

A recent one i liked was UEFA cup winners final up in Scotland - Albert Riera had a stomer it finished 5:4 and was a belter

The 2nd leg of chelsea v liverpool in champs league last season, that was truly amazing, both teams just kept scoring and the tie swung different ways, plus chelsea defender alex free kick was immense

Damocles said:
Ummm....that 4-3 game against United wasn't bad?!?

As much as I can't even watch that Owen goal without filling up with hatred it has to be said for a neutral it was a great game. Also thought the CC second leg between Blackburn and Villa was an amazing game.

Heart of Midlothian 4 Hibs 4.2nd January 2003.

Hearts 2 down,claw their way back level through Pressley and De Vries.Hibs score a last minute goal,then score another in injury time from a rebound after the Hearts keeper,McKenzie, saved a penalty.4-2 Hibs.
Just about to leave gutted when sub Graham Weir scored for Hearts giving them the chance of a draw with one last attack.
To this day i can still picture what happened next.Hibs kick off and punt a high ball upfield when for some reason Mixu the fat Finn fouled Pressley.Hearts kick the ball forward,comes to De Vries wide right next to the bye line,crosses for Weir to score again.4/4.Tynecastle erupts and so does the couple of thousand walking down Gorgie Rd after they had left early.Hibs kick off,ref blows his whistle for full time.
Sorry couldn't find a link with the Hibs goals.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgxho7oLgpc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VgnLQUr4bU[/youtube]

Not going for the city ones as they have been said

Best Matches i have clear memories of

Euro 96
England 2 Scotland 1
England 4 Holland 1
Fantastic games of football(we really should of won that)

Cant belive no-one has said this

Real Madrid 2 Barcelona 6
Footballing masterclass from Barca,amazing football
Messi was given a standing ovation by the Madrid fans at the end of the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.