the last great football game?

It has to be Gillingham, it had everything and at a time when I just didnt think that city had it in them to come back.

I would have said blackburn away, however I just knew that we would come back to win so didnt have the same unexpected twist.

Before that has to be City v Spuds 81 cup final!

For excitement Coventy's 3-2 cup final win over spurs 87/88ish.

For total football, AC Milan's 4-0 demolition of Barca in the 1994 Champs league final

Bluemooner33 said:
Fifa10 kicks ass, much better than PES :-)
Behave.

One that isn't mentioned would be the Barca - Valencia match from around 10 years ago. It finished 3-3 and Rivaldo scored a 90th minute over head kick to complete his hat-trick and equalise, thereby sending Barca in to the Champions League.

Valencia needed a win to qualify and Barca only needed a point. It was breath-taking. Rivaldo was a legend.

felixbg said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
That was the msot beautiful game I've ever seen

you bitter bitter bastard ;)
There is that...

But the way the rags were favourites and went charging at barca and their depleted defence. Then Xavi and Iniesta started to play in the middle and the rags couldn't get close, they were chasing shadows. To top it off the best player in the world scored with his head, which is what they said he couldn't do and the tranny could

Football was the winner that day

The Fat el Hombre said:
felixbg said:
you bitter bitter bastard ;)
There is that...

But the way the rags were favourites and went charging at barca and their depleted defence. Then Xavi and Iniesta started to play in the middle and the rags couldn't get close, they were chasing shadows. To top it off the best player in the world scored with his head, which is what they said he couldn't do and the tranny could

Football was the winner that day

I don't consider myself a "bitter blue", but watching that final was fantastic, to see a very good United team taken apart with brilliant football. it really does rate as a great game.

Ignoring all City games for now, the best game I've ever seen was the 1st Division play off final in 1998 between Charlton & Sunderland. 3-3 after 90 minutes, 4-4 AET, and then 7-6 on penalties. Who would have guesed that exactly one year later we'd be winning a shootout at Wembley?

People confuse great game with great drama.

In reality, bar the last ten minutes, City v Gillingham at Wembley was a turgid affair but we never noticed because we didn't really care about anything bar the result.

I went to a game between Preston and Burnley about five years ago that ended up 5-3 to PNE. It really could have been about 15-15. Mancini would have probably hated it as the defences were awful but for ninety minutes of footballing entertainment, I don't think I'll ever see a game like it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.