The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just use this thread to say Well done Leicester City for an absolutely remarkable achievement.

Well done to Ranieri, their players,
Congratulations to everyone involved and to the fans enjoy the moment and the game at the weekend! Party time!!!'
Absolutely. Leave the snide shit to the other threads. Most of us aren't bitter, sore losers.

Still can't quite believe it. Bet Leicester is jumping.

Really happy for them and for football.

This thread is not about Pellegrini, so post about him elsewhere.

This thread reminds me of that article by a Guardian moderator:

"Good moderation isn’t about setting or controlling an agenda; it is about not letting anyone’s agenda ruin the conversation. Not letting an article about hats get ruined by someone who hates fashion; stopping a heartfelt piece about feeding refugees in Calais being dominated by someone ranting about child abuse in Rotherham; and preventing one man with an axe to grind about the legalisation of cannabis wrecking a scientific conversation about cancer treatment."

I don't think it's on par. This is Leicester's first ever league win. If 1968 was our first win then maybe it's comparable. But it's not. Also it was a much more level playing field then.
What Leicester have done is unbelievable. Whether they continue with further successes or not doesn't really matter. Leicester fans will dine out on this one win forever more, and so they should. Having experienced the joy of winning the league I have nothing but good wishes for all Leicester fans. Subsequent success doesn't really matter in light of this one truly remarkable success.

Perhaps not on par but as a youngster watching us get relegated, coming back up as div 2 champions and winning the league it certainly felt like it at the time.
Not taking anything away from Leicester at all, as you say a truly remarkable success.

I don't think it's on par. This is Leicester's first ever league win. If 1968 was our first win then maybe it's comparable. But it's not. Also it was a much more level playing field then.
What Leicester have done is unbelievable. Whether they continue with further successes or not doesn't really matter. Leicester fans will dine out on this one win forever more, and so they should. Having experienced the joy of winning the league I have nothing but good wishes for all Leicester fans. Subsequent success doesn't really matter in light of this one truly remarkable success.

Ah but once you have had a taste of success you want more. I thought if I could see City win the league just once I'd be content but here we are this season and I'm fucking livid we didn't win it. Their fans will celebrate this unlikely win of course but next season they will want more. They'll want better players, they'll want a good CL campaign and they will want to challenge for the league again and if they don't they will be disappointed.

This thread reminds me of that article by a Guardian moderator:

"Good moderation isn’t about setting or controlling an agenda; it is about not letting anyone’s agenda ruin the conversation. Not letting an article about hats get ruined by someone who hates fashion; stopping a heartfelt piece about feeding refugees in Calais being dominated by someone ranting about child abuse in Rotherham; and preventing one man with an axe to grind about the legalisation of cannabis wrecking a scientific conversation about cancer treatment."

Indeed. Doing a fine job.

Ah but once you have had a taste of success you want more. I thought if I could see City win the league just once I'd be content but here we are this season and I'm fucking livid we didn't win it. Their fans will celebrate this unlikely win of course but next season they will want more. They'll want better players, they'll want a good CL campaign and they will want to challenge for the league again and if they don't they will be disappointed.

Unless they spend huge amount of money on super stars I reckon the Leicester fans will be content to party and enjoy every game next season as champions, regardless of the results they achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.