The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranieri is not a top manager. He is a typical Italian who tells to be tight in defence and the rest 90% of the team is Vardy with Mahrez. One of them gets injured and they will drop out of top 4, both get injured and they will finish 7-10.

Wow.

I've seen some terrible posts on here but that might be the stupidest of them all.

Ranieri is not a top manager. He is a typical Italian who tells to be tight in defence and the rest 90% of the team is Vardy with Mahrez. One of them gets injured and they will drop out of top 4, both get injured and they will finish 7-10.

People always say that about clubs top players, that old chestnut works wherever you go. Fair play to them, if we miss out on top 4 I wouldn't begrudge them at all, I'd be shocked if they won the title but that would be brilliant

I wasn't around when Forest won the league and European Cup twice but I have read snippets in books etc... but wasn't Shilton relegated with Stoke before he went to Forest? Albeit being in an inexperienced an young side. Also I am pretty sure Robertson was on the transfer list when Clough arrived at Forest.

Francis didn't arrive until 79 as well, almost a year after the title win.

Either way I don't think it would be as big as an achievement as the Forest title win as they did it as second division champions although if Leicester do win the league I reckon it would come pretty close.

What seperates Clough's Forest is the two European Cup win and winning the league coming straight from the second division

I obviously want City to win the league but a part of me wants to see Leiecester do it because I just think it would give the whole Premier League an incentive to believe in the almost impossible and hopefully making the whole division more mentally stronger and competitive.

Forest were promoted in third place from the old second division....

If this was Eddie Howe and Bournemouth in Leicester's position Eddie Howe would be linked to every top job.. even England. Little old Ranieri isn't fashionable enough !

Tight in defence? They've kept about 2 clean sheets all season.

Tight in defence? They've kept about 2 clean sheets all season.

Yea. But look at what quality of players he has to rely on to be tight. They are not mugs but they aren't superstars. Wes Morgan?

I just remember Forest and everyone waiting for them to fall off.

Make no mistake they can win the league. 17 wins and 5 defeats in the remaining games would probably do it.

They have a real chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.