The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who their chief scout is, but they've signed a couple of gems in Mahrez and Kante (not to mention Vardy).

Steve Walsh is part of the coaching set up there, scout for Chelsea that picked out Zola and Drogba.

yes i agree but regardless, they were playing in the championship 2 years ago and barely scraped by to stay up last year...they haven't really played any of the top teams this season though
Regardless? How is the intrinsic worth of the league you're seeking to compare with its peers not of any value to the debate? It's absolutely core to the issue you unilaterally advanced.

Bubble will burst in January.
I genuinely believe it's more the other teams in the division playing so poorly this season than Leicester being that good.

Not sure who their chief scout is, but they've signed a couple of gems in Mahrez and Kante (not to mention Vardy).

Steve Walsh, one of their assistant managers, is head of recruitment I believe. Worked at Chelsea for over a decade, with Mourinho as one of his European recruiters, getting Essien etc. So has good links obviously from his time there.

Regardless? How is the intrinsic worth of the league you're seeking to compare with its peers not of any value to the debate? It's absolutely core to the issue you unilaterally advanced.

no all I'm saying is that teams who spend hundreds of millions of dollars on players should be winning the league...its a great story but it would never happen to a team like barca who we are trying to emulate...the greatest teams in the world (like us) should not be behind teams with the wage bill less then a quarter to theirs....I only agreed that la liga's tv deals are crazy and the top teams rake in all the money, i was using la liga and the german top flight as an example only in the sense that the top teams dominate the league

I love the work kante does,he'd be a fine replacement for Fernando.He has similar traits to our Dinho,add him to a triangle including Delph and we'd have energy and ability in abundance.Such an addition would make a hell of a difference to our mentality and our play.

They need to keep Vardy fit - he gets injured and I think they'll be getting a lot more draws. Would love to see them win something this year though, they deserve it.

Chelsea, a team of World class stars fighting relegation and Leicester, a group of Championship footballers, top of the league. You couldn't make this up....

It would be great to watch. Went for a couple of pints with an old mate last week who now lives in Leicester. He's not remotely interested in football but he said the whole town was absolutely buzzing about this season.

When I lived in Nottingham I often wondered what it must have been like for the place for a team from such a relatively small city to win the Championship. It must have been incredible.

Was he remotely interested in rugby? I've generally found the place a rugby focussed city, but yes they must be on such a high at the moment. Penny for Nigel Pearson's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.