The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, fair do's but the luck they are getting is beyond a joke. Even pot shots are taking deflections and going in the net. Did you see that goal that took deflection and loop up in the air and went in.
Jesus, its got to run out sooner or later. We need a good 7-8 unbeaten run, simples.
And this is why it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this time next year, should they finish top four or even go on and win the league, they would be involved in a relegation scrap. I've never seen anything like it in the decades I've been watching the game.

Yeah, fair do's but the luck they are getting is beyond a joke. Even pot shots are taking deflections and going in the net. Did you see that goal that took deflection and loop up in the air and went in.
Jesus, its got to run out sooner or later. We need a good 7-8 unbeaten run, simples.

Not all luck as well, they've been award 10 penalties, 5 more than any other team funnily enough not a record too dissimilar from when Liverpool ran us close. We've been awarded just 4.

Alot of single matches that are won were/are schocks but that happes

Tennis, boxing horse racing have their share of shocks but single match or tournament where you play 6-7 matches are much easier to accomplish.

Winning a league where you play 34-38 matches depending on the league is just much harder. Leicester city had 19points last year after 28 matches.

You also have to take into account that their lack of games is also a massive advantage on the teams playing in Europe, as those teams have to deal with tiredness whereas they are always well rested. The team that had 19 points in 28 games is also not exactly the same team of players nor the same assistant manager nor the same manager. Its a great achievement but a lot of details get lost in the hyperbole. I personally believe the manager deserves more of the credit as they are clearly following his blueprint.

FTR Buster Douglas was quoted as 42/1 to win that fight.

Greece were 150/1 to win the Euros.

Not even close to the 5000/1 Leicester were quoted at pre-season.

Any sport where there are only 2 competitors like Tennis and boxing rarely have odds that are even close to what Douglas had.

To say that a 5000/1 outsider winning isn't incredible and one of the biggest sporting shocks ever is ludicrous.

Let them enjoy it without the raggy snide remarks about style and luck. It may never happen again so they may have one shot to live the dream.

This wasn't bad was it?

original

Us winning in 2012 was different because we knew we were going to be challenging regularly so it was about getting the monkey off our backs. I don't know for sure but I'd be very surprised if we ever got far into double figures odds wise even when we were 8 points back with six to play.

Any sport where there are only 2 competitors like Tennis and boxing rarely have odds that are even close to what Douglas had.

To say that a 5000/1 outsider winning isn't incredible and one of the biggest sporting shocks ever is ludicrous.

Let them enjoy it without the raggy snide remarks about style and luck. It may never happen again so they may have one shot to live the dream.

This wasn't bad was it?

original

Us winning in 2012 was different because we knew we were going to be challenging regularly so it was about getting the monkey off our backs. I don't know for sure but I'd be very surprised if we ever got far into double figures odds wise even when we were 8 points back with six to play.

I'm sorry but using Bookies odds to judge a sporting achievement is a load of shite. Okay they are usually along the right lines but sometimes they are a mile out.

In 2012 your actually wrong, at certain bookmakers (RagFred) we worse 5000/1 because they had already paid out on United winning the league, alright it might have been for show but it doesn't change the fact that odds don't mean much.

Name 5 bigger shocks in sporting history ?
I don't need to, and why 5? If you want one bigger shock, how about Frankie Dettori riding all 7 winners on one day, which one punter won at 25,000-1? You're just jumping onto a bandwagon, which doesn't surprise me. It's a cracking story, and if we don't win it, I'd rather it was Leicester than any of the others.

However, you're saying the biggest shock in sporting history. Now, I take it you mean global sporting history. If you do mean that, then it's utter shite. If you mean English football history, then I'd still suggest you're buying into the football wasn't invented before Sky Sports.

You have basically used some poor wording, but won't admit it. They will be the biggest shock since the Prem League started, absolutely bang on 100%. However, the biggest shock in sporting history? Do me a favour.

This wasn't bad was it?

original

Good post

If not Leicester, you guys for sure

I think Arsenal will

Anyone but Spurs please god

There is no such thing as luck!

It's like saying destiny, fate, Father Christmas and his magic flying reindeer, or God exist.

There's no little fairy on a cloud sprinkling luck dust on Leicester City...they are merely working hard, playing with confidence and taking chances when they arise. So like last night, Drinkwater wasn't closed down so he took the chance and it hit a defender and went in. No luck in it. If they weren't working so hard and weren't playing with so much confidence they wouldn't be taking these chances and gaining so many points. A lacking in confidence Drinkwater plays that out wide, he doesn't shoot therefore doesn't score.

A win at Anfield tonight and we might start playing with a bit of confidence in the league for the first time in fucking ages! Then we can evaluate our position after the run of:
Villa Norwich Rags Bournemouth and Albion because that is a nice run of games to pick up some points to really put us back in the title race.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's pictures of them blessed by monks doing the rounds on the Internet though. Maybe it's their luck dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.