The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different to what? Fans of other teams wanting another team to win doesn't sit in the neutral camp! If you want a team to win whether it's your team or not is the opposite of neutral.
Neutral in the title race. It's crystal clear what they meant.
If we were still shit and looked up from 15th place to see Leicester battling it out with Spurs and Arsenal for the title, as a neutral in that title race I'd want Leicester to win it.

If and only if City don't win it, I would want Leicester to win it. This may be their only realistic chance, as other teams find them out more next season.

If we were still shit and looked up from 15th place to see Leicester battling it out with Spurs and Arsenal for the title, as a neutral in that title race I'd want Leicester to win it.

But the very fact that you want Leicester to win it precludes you from being neutral! You are neutral if you aren't bothered who wins.

It comes down to a matter of semantics but I don't think the BBC are wrong. Neutrality does not necessarily imply indifference. During WW2 there were plenty of neutral countries who were not involved in the conflict but wanted the allies to win.
In this sense the BBC are meaning people who are football supporters but whose team they support is not in the title race, many others would also call them neutral. But at the end of the day it is arguing about the meaning of a word.

I think supporters of any other team than Leicester want them to win it ias long as it isn't at the expense of their team. I think if City or Arsenal pipped Leicester at the post they wouldn't get credit for winning it, but if Spurs do then it'll be fine with the punters and media. I actually be the feeling that a lot of the media would rather Spurs win it than Leicester.

Looking up from 4th if its not us want it to be Leicester as most fans would.

A lot of people saying they don't have the experience of a title run-in, they won't handle the pressure etc...they won a league two years ago and a fair few of the players they have were part of that.

A lot of people saying they don't have the experience of a title run-in, they won't handle the pressure etc...they won a league two years ago and a fair few of the players they have were part of that.

I'm not sure the pressure really starts for them until the last few games. Pellegrini thinks 75 points will be enough and he is likely to be correct.

That's 5 wins and 4 losses or 4 wins and 3 draws.

At home

Newcastle
Southampton
West Ham
Swansea
Everton

Away
Palace
Sunderland
Rags
Chelsea

Ok some tricky games but I would have them beating Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton and Sunderland.

That leaves em getting 3 points from the other 6 games. They have only lost 3 games all season, two of which were to Arsenal.

Doesn't look that unlikely to me based especially as Everton and Chelsea could well have nothing to play for.

Even if they don't, what a season. Nailed on for top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.