The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get excited by the Leicester push at all. Watched them only a handful of times and they work hard, are functional ( do the simple things well) and quick on the counter but they're not my team so have no real interest in them or their fans.If we can't win it I don't give a fuck who does.

That sums it up nicely for me - although I'd add that the media love-in reminds me of the Dippers in 2014, it's nauseating!

Great manager?? Just trying to imagine BM on hearing Ranieri had taken over at City at the start of this season. I suspect the Internet would have broke!!
I would define a great manager as one who gets more out of his side than the sum of their parts, that has them performing consistently way above what they really should be doing. Ranieri has most certainly done that. If Pellegrini had got the proportionate amount of commitment, belief and sheer hard work out of our lot, we'd be up there now, probably further ahead than Leicester are.

I would define a great manager as one who gets more out of his side than the sum of their parts, that has them performing consistently way above what they really should be doing. Ranieri has most certainly done that. If Pellegrini had got the proportionate amount of commitment, belief and sheer hard work out of our lot, we'd be up there now, probably further ahead than Leicester are.
I'm not denying he's done very well this season but great manager? Not sure many of his 15 previous teams fans would support that view.

I'm not denying he's done very well this season but great manager? Not sure many of his 15 previous teams fans would support that view.

I reckon Cagliari, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli, Juventus and Valencia fans would disagree with you tbf. Wouldn't blame him for Atleti going bankrupt either, he walked into a mess there. Chelsea fans would disagree with you too if they ever took their heads out of Maureen's arse and looked at the platform Ranieri built for him.

Edit: Monaco and Parma are probably fairly fond of him as well.

Last edited:
They've pretty much done it now for me. No way they are letting this go. Fair play to them. Incredible. From relegation battlers to Champions in 1 year. Biggest story in English football history? It's mental really.

Maybe. But I'm judging him on what he's doing in the here and now, not what he's done (or failed to do in the past). Many on here class Mancini as a great manager for what he achieved in 11/12. I'm not sure too many Inter Milan fans would agree at the moment. See what I mean? You can't judge managers on their respective records at different clubs. Being brilliant at one club doesn't mean you'll be brilliant at your next one. Or vice versa.

As I recall, Ranieri came in off the back of an international defeat to the Faroe Islands. He didn't rock up as a "great".

I also think Pearson deserves some credit for reversing Leicester's free-fall and instigating the first part of their fantastic run.

Having said that, I really like Ranieri and won't begrudge him anything when he lifts that trophy.

It's definitely theirs now, only a monumental collapse (Rags 2012......) would see them lose it now.

I think Spurs have still got a chance but you have to take your hat off to Leicester. Last 3 games, three 1-0 wins. If they do manage to hang in it will be an absolutely amazing achievement.

13 points out of 15 in the last 5 games when the pressure is on is some going and they can still finish on 87 points. The players look hungry and more importantly completely together in their quest to win it. The momentum is with them

They are probably 4 wins out of 7 from being certain of it.

I think even had we not been as shit as we have been, we would probably still only be level with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.