The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far and away the biggest story in any football competition, or indeed any sporting competition. If Leicester pull this off, which
is now looking ever more likely, it means an offer of 5000/1 at the start of the season coming to fruition. I have never known, and everyone I
know has never known, anything remotely comparable to it. The scale of it would be utterly jaw dropping, this is not some random heavyweight flattening
Mohammed Ali at his peak in a one off fight, or an apprentice winning the National on an unknown donkey, it's a competition comprising 38 different challenges
that could be won by a team so massively unfancied it defies belief.

Top post.

Leicester will win the league which is very embarrassing for the Premier League as a whole. How did the top clubs let this happen!? with the money spent this shouldn't never be allowed to happen.

Can't stand that smug **** Vardy lifting the trophy. Might turn off from football for awhile and watch a "proper man's" sport ala Rugby.

I only look forward to Leicester getting smashed around next season by the likes of Barca and Bayern to bring them down to earth.. they are not a top team so don't get use to it. Wouldn't be shocked if they are fighting relegation next season and it is like.. what was the point!? they have to compete on 2 fronts next season and have CL distractions.

Sometimes it is better for a club to build up to getting into the CL, to be fully prepared, not to get humiliated/embarrassed by the best teams. Yeah well done Leicester, but the positive is they won't have long to celebrate (seeing that smug/arrogant Vardy) before people's attention turns to the European Championships and then next season. It will be very short-lived as if they are struggling next season nobody will say "oh well they had a good season last season" football fans have short memories.

I prefer Forest's story it was back when football was still a working man's sport, and there was more romance in football, more characters.

Last edited:
And why are teams not cherrypicking Leicester's best players? seems very little rumours of them losing Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Schmikes.. surely the top clubs need to poach their best players!?!?!

And why are teams not cherrypicking Leicester's best players? seems very little rumours of them losing Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Schmikes.. surely the top clubs need to poach their best players!?!?!

Seriously what's your problem?

Because they are all one season wonders - Vardy scored 5 in 36 appearances last year and he hasn't been anywhere until now - he also isn't a young talent he is touching 30. Mahrez was at Leicester last year and where was he then? They are just having their moment and have a manager who knows how to win games.

Leicester will win the league which is very embarrassing for the Premier League as a whole. How did the top clubs let this happen!? with the money spent this shouldn't never be allowed to happen.

Can't stand that smug **** Vardy lifting the trophy. Might turn off from football for awhile and watch a "proper man's" sport ala Rugby.

I only look forward to Leicester getting smashed around next season by the likes of Barca and Bayern to bring them down to earth.. they are not a top team so don't get use to it. Wouldn't be shocked if they are fighting relegation next season and it is like.. what was the point!? they have to compete on 2 fronts next season and have CL distractions.

Sometimes it is better for a club to build up to getting into the CL, to be fully prepared, not to get humiliated/embarrassed by the best teams. Yeah well done Leicester, but the positive is they won't have long to celebrate (seeing that smug/arrogant Vardy) before people's attention turns to the European Championships and then next season. It will be very short-lived as if they are struggling next season nobody will say "oh well they had a good season last season" football fans have short memories.

I prefer Forest's story it was back when football was still a working man's sport, and there was more romance in football, more characters.
I guess every Cinderella story needs somebody who roots for the evil stepmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.