The "let's talk" thread

There’s 2.8m people in Greater Manchester who have a huge width of difference to them and different views, the vast majority for the good.

This is the city that stood together when 23 people were murdered in a terror attack. The city could have been looking to blame but they didn’t, they came together and honoured the victims and promised to love each other.

I went to a Killers concert not too long after, at the MEN, and the bass player from the band said after the encore that he believed the reaction of Mancunians showed that they are truly amongst the best people he’s come across.

The city has major issues: poverty, crime, people without homes, drugs, anti-social behaviour but it also has so much to offer and for every one of the above there’s many more trying to be good people.

The few dozen/hundred idiots, and the particular racist idiot, at City don’t represent the majority of City fans, never mind the population of the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the country.

I’m just asking you to reconsider your views but let’s not derail the thread, it’s to help others, not score petty points about where everyone lives, it doesn’t do anyone favours.
Well said Banj, top post.

For me, when I was in the depths of my depression the thought of talking to someone about how I was feeling or what I was thinking was dreadful. Couldn’t think of anything worse. I closed myself off from people and found it easier to not speak to people as I used to think “people won’t be bothered about my problems”.

It was only when I’d got past the worst of it and a few years later got in touch with all the lads again and started having a laugh with everyone how much better I felt and thought how daft I was for closing myself off from the world.

So if you have any mates who you might be worried about who you haven’t heard from for a while, don’t wait for them to make the move, go and see them yourself. They might not realise that’s exactly what they need.

It could make a world of difference!

They might not be pleased to see you, they might not even be very welcoming or have much conversation about them. But they will appreciate you going to see them.
Wow PC, you are a wise man for one so relatively young. Your last paragraph i agree with 100%. Far out blue brother! I'd like to ask anyone who is feeling low and a bit helpless to read your post again(especially last paragraph), read it a third time and mentally digest these words of wisdom.

Always considered you a top poster, in my top 10 on all forums(without trying to blow smoke up you're arse). We must meet up soonish for a chat and alcoholic beverage pal.

Thanks for your heartfelt post: )

@peoffrey. I feel a bit guilty about telling you to fuck of pal. It wasn't a nasty fuck off. Having met you I know you're a bit of a shy and reserved type, and meeting big ugly cunts like me was perhaps intimidating and overwhelming. But you know what, beneath my(alleged) steely eyed Kevlar non stick exterior, I'm as soft as shit. Yeah, I have emotions too and I'm not embarrassed to admit my my feelings, even on here.

Instead of looking beady eyed and shy, next time you meet a stranger, look them in the eyes. Me, him her Whoever. Smile when your happy, frown when you're down. Don't matter. But in my experience laughter is the best medicine. A cliche and a true one, and I try and overdose in laughter. I come out with some right shite on here sometimes but if I've made you blues chucke, then great, if not no problems. If you're offended(as it is seemingly obligatory to be offended nowadays) please hit the ignore button.

But peoffrey, People are there to lend an ear and listen and advise if more worldy wiser. Even all us lighter throwing naughty boy racist manc idiots. Well maybe not but the majority of good eggs are matey; )

Birds of a feather stick together. Bluebirds do especially: )

Last edited:
How friendly was the lad ejected for racist abuse? The foul mouthed man in the family stand? The trouble in numerous parts of the ground? The lighters and coins thrown at United players? The coked up scrotes wrenching open a security door to attack rival fans? There’s thread after thread upstairs berating ignorant behaviour at the Derby. This is why Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I don’t go anymore. City used to be my life.
You're at it again....................ffs

Bump, as a reminder that this thread exists for those who might be a bit fucked off for whatever reason at this time of year.

Last time i'll push it over this period as I only bumped yesterday, but please don't suffer alone whether you're a Blue, opposition fan, or even an online lurker. It can be a sensitive time of year for some. PMs welcomed if necessary and will be online most days as usual.

Last time i'll push it over this period as I only bumped yesterday, but please don't suffer alone whether you're a Blue, opposition fan, or even an online lurker. It can be a sensitive time of year for some. PMs welcomed if necessary and will be online most days as usual.
Good shout. A difficult time this for some.
People ready to listen to you.

Absolute **** of a day today. Me and the Mrs split up in September, first Christmas apart. Been up to see them for an hour this morning, daughter coming to me this afternoon. Mrs off to spend the evening with her new fella. And I still fucking love her. Fuck it all.

For me, when I was in the depths of my depression the thought of talking to someone about how I was feeling or what I was thinking was dreadful. Couldn’t think of anything worse. I closed myself off from people and found it easier to not speak to people as I used to think “people won’t be bothered about my problems”.

It was only when I’d got past the worst of it and a few years later got in touch with all the lads again and started having a laugh with everyone how much better I felt and thought how daft I was for closing myself off from the world.

So if you have any mates who you might be worried about who you haven’t heard from for a while, don’t wait for them to make the move, go and see them yourself. They might not realise that’s exactly what they need.

It could make a world of difference!

They might not be pleased to see you, they might not even be very welcoming or have much conversation about them. But they will appreciate you going to see them.

Great post and I hope your road gets easier. You're right about keeping in touch. Have a great year.

Absolute **** of a day today. Me and the Mrs split up in September, first Christmas apart. Been up to see them for an hour this morning, daughter coming to me this afternoon. Mrs off to spend the evening with her new fella. And I still fucking love her. Fuck it all.

Think about the quality time with your daughter mate and don’t get too drunk, as it can make it worse.

I hope you enjoy this afternoon.

Merry Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.