The "let's talk" thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50737829

I know the forum says no football but a tragic case last night of a young footballer in NI whos life sadly ended. I actually only live a few miles from this club but I have heard of too many cases of suicide among young men my age in recent years. Mental health is badly deteriorating in all parts of the UK and we are not being supported by our government.

Its always okay to talk no matter who you are, where you are from and what your issue is. Please reach out. Please speak to your friends and check up on them.

How friendly was the lad ejected for racist abuse? The foul mouthed man in the family stand? The trouble in numerous parts of the ground? The lighters and coins thrown at United players? The coked up scrotes wrenching open a security door to attack rival fans? There’s thread after thread upstairs berating ignorant behaviour at the Derby. This is why Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I don’t go anymore. City used to be my life.
Bill said no football chat here but that's a shite excuse anyway, unless you're tarring Mancs with the same brush as a very small minority who tainted City's reputation Saturday? Tell you what, if you don't like us Mancs and the City itself, stay in London or fuck off back to Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50737829

I know the forum says no football but a tragic case last night of a young footballer in NI whos life sadly ended. I actually only live a few miles from this club but I have heard of too many cases of suicide among young men my age in recent years. Mental health is badly deteriorating in all parts of the UK and we are not being supported by our government.

Its always okay to talk no matter who you are, where you are from and what your issue is. Please reach out. Please speak to your friends and check up on them.

I seen the headline relating to this, terrible at such a young age. It said sudden death so I wasn't sure if it was medical related or that the poor lad had taken his own life

I seen the headline relating to this, terrible at such a young age. It said sudden death so I wasn't sure if it was medical related or that the poor lad had taken his own life

yeah I think it’s suicide and maybe related to gambling but not sure. He was meant to play last night to for Carrick and they named him on the timesheet. Young child as well

For me, when I was in the depths of my depression the thought of talking to someone about how I was feeling or what I was thinking was dreadful. Couldn’t think of anything worse. I closed myself off from people and found it easier to not speak to people as I used to think “people won’t be bothered about my problems”.

It was only when I’d got past the worst of it and a few years later got in touch with all the lads again and started having a laugh with everyone how much better I felt and thought how daft I was for closing myself off from the world.

So if you have any mates who you might be worried about who you haven’t heard from for a while, don’t wait for them to make the move, go and see them yourself. They might not realise that’s exactly what they need.

It could make a world of difference!

They might not be pleased to see you, they might not even be very welcoming or have much conversation about them. But they will appreciate you going to see them.

Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I’ve had two spells there and it’s never quite happened. As a student, I was out in the indie clubs three to four nights a week and didn’t have a care in the world. I put on live music nights, DJ’d etc. The scene changed too much and I retired from music to concentrate on a career instead which was probably very wise. I had another spell there for eighteen months but couldn’t get anything going work wise.

When I buy a home next year, I make the biggest financial decision of my life. I have to get it right. My desire is a city in South Wales as I love the spirit; but I fear not being able to get work. There’s no industry. I go to Swansea and Cardiff within the first three months of next year for a weekend. I’ll be observing.

I wont jump on your case for slating Manchester as i can to s degree empathize with you. Its not the friendly place it was. However i am not sure anywhere in this country is anymore.

Perhaps you would be better away from cities and happier in a smaller town or rural area. Some folk are, myself being one example.

Alternatively you are well travelled and might consider a new start in a new country. If i could i would do just that. I am currently in portugal and have spent a fair amount of time here this year and can say on so many levels its a much nicer place to live than back home. Nicer people cheaper better weather and even better healthcare much to my surprise. Likewise Croatia. I would fuck off permanently to either in a heartbeat if i could.

I just think the Uk has become a nasty place and by the sounds of things you could go and try somewhere else...just a thought.

How friendly was the lad ejected for racist abuse? The foul mouthed man in the family stand? The trouble in numerous parts of the ground? The lighters and coins thrown at United players? The coked up scrotes wrenching open a security door to attack rival fans? There’s thread after thread upstairs berating ignorant behaviour at the Derby. This is why Manchester frustrates the hell out of me. I don’t go anymore. City used to be my life.

There’s 2.8m people in Greater Manchester who have a huge width of difference to them and different views, the vast majority for the good.

This is the city that stood together when 23 people were murdered in a terror attack. The city could have been looking to blame but they didn’t, they came together and honoured the victims and promised to love each other.

I went to a Killers concert not too long after, at the MEN, and the bass player from the band said after the encore that he believed the reaction of Mancunians showed that they are truly amongst the best people he’s come across.

The city has major issues: poverty, crime, people without homes, drugs, anti-social behaviour but it also has so much to offer and for every one of the above there’s many more trying to be good people.

The few dozen/hundred idiots, and the particular racist idiot, at City don’t represent the majority of City fans, never mind the population of the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the country.

I’m just asking you to reconsider your views but let’s not derail the thread, it’s to help others, not score petty points about where everyone lives, it doesn’t do anyone favours.

There’s 2.8m people in Greater Manchester who have a huge width of difference to them and different views, the vast majority for the good.

This is the city that stood together when 23 people were murdered in a terror attack. The city could have been looking to blame but they didn’t, they came together and honoured the victims and promised to love each other.

I went to a Killers concert not too long after, at the MEN, and the bass player from the band said after the encore that he believed the reaction of Mancunians showed that they are truly amongst the best people he’s come across.

The city has major issues: poverty, crime, people without homes, drugs, anti-social behaviour but it also has so much to offer and for every one of the above there’s many more trying to be good people.

The few dozen/hundred idiots, and the particular racist idiot, at City don’t represent the majority of City fans, never mind the population of the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the country.

I’m just asking you to reconsider your views but let’s not derail the thread, it’s to help others, not score petty points about where everyone lives, it doesn’t do anyone favours.

Honestly that's an excellent post.

Tarring everyone in Manchester with the same brush is unfair. Truth is Manchester has become such a big city that whatever you're looking for you will find. If you're looking for scotes you'll see them, if you're looking for a shit-tip you'll see it but if you're looking for the good and warmth in people you will also see it.

Only thing I'll say is the City needs more funding from the government but then that would be derailing the thread, so we'll avoid that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.