The "let's talk" thread

It's something I really want to get on and do, but as I said, every time I've tried it lately, my plantar fasciitis and/or gout flares up, trust me, it feels like walking on molten metal.
I remember getting my Plantar F. by walking on the black sand pavements in Lanzerote in just a pair of old pumps. Stupid really but it unfortunately halted my normal running exercising for approx a year.
For me it took that long for the ligaments under my heel / sole to repair. Frustrating, but eventually it repaired itself.

So how has 2019 been for you?

I had to unexpectedly return to London in April 2018 for personal / family reasons (I had a ten year stint here before moving up to Manchester) and have managed to get through it unscathed since. I’m still employed by a large worldwide horticultural charity and legitimately enjoying it. My department are all good people and the organisation is doing well. The circumstances that brought me here are now over and I’m free to move on. Once the family owned home is sold then I’m off for a new adventure. I think South Wales.

I travel a lot now and have been to Malaga, Düsseldorf, Budapest, Bratislava, Istanbul, Baku and Berlin this year. I think that’s it but am not 100% confident that’s all of them. I might have missed somewhere out... I took something out of each place with Budapest and Bratislava being my favourites. Azerbaijan v Wales saw my home country in pole position for Euro 2020 qualification. I’ll be in Rome next summer for the Italy match.

I’ve sadly lost two friends this year in a regular in my East End local and also one in my Manchester one. The latter was a Blue in Dave “Monkey” Mills who you’d find in The Grove Inn in Clayton. One or two of you may have known him. As I get older then this is happening more and more. People of my own generation too. So desperately sad.

I’m 40 in two weeks which is quite something! Off to Düsseldorf for a long weekend to celebrate. Still single, no kids, body and mind intact. It’s been a calmer year but 2020 should be fun. An adventure.

Share your stories.

A year of discovery and learning, really.
My tolerance for those other than my family, missus and close friends has dropped dramatically.

I'm fairly happy with that though. I got screwed over by someone I thought was my friend, in some ways he was a mentor and I admit I looked up to him. He turned out to not be a very nice man unfortunately. I don't judge him for what he did, but rather that he almost cost me my livelihood for his own gain and I found that hard to let go of. He knows i'm patient and have a long memory :)

No idea how this next stage of fertility treatment will turn out, its a fucking lottery!! I do possess good overall health and i'm happy for that. A year of change is ahead, i'm finally able to drive and look forward to seeing what doors this will open (including the car door).

I shared a tube carriage with a lad I’d stood next to at football for years recently. Away matches, nights out etc. We didn’t even let on to each other such is the mutual dislike now. I’d had to stump money up for him, organise everything and also get involved when he started on rival fans. Dragging him away...

He went from being someone I trusted like a brother to a near enemy. The change in him when he got involved with a girl who didn’t like me!

Got cards from two old friends who both told me they were being treated for cancer.

Bloody hell. Really upset me.

Got cards from two old friends who both told me they were being treated for cancer.

Bloody hell. Really upset me.

Sorry to hear that. With early diagnosis and a bit of luck then there’s no reason why they can’t pull through. Fingers crossed.

I packed the booze in three springs ago. A total clean break, Unfortunately I then replaced that addiction by upping my consumption of cocaine. Not even sociably either.. stupid really, the amount of money spent and the cost to my health..
Then April last year I packed a few things and took a new job over the Pennines where my youngest son lives with his mum and all has been ok. I get to see my lad a lot more than I have done the previous six years but and I know this sounds selfish I don't enjoy my job and don't find it easy to meet set targets. I have no social or love life and just go work then come back to the flat.
I know what I have to do to change that but I can't or won't pull myself up and do it.
Then the other day I picked up a bottle.. and I didn't stop until I was absolutely blind drunk. Missed work the next day which I'm due a proper bollocking for. I feel like I've wasted years of my life and don't see how I can improve it from here on in.

I packed the booze in three springs ago. A total clean break, Unfortunately I then replaced that addiction by upping my consumption of cocaine. Not even sociably either.. stupid really, the amount of money spent and the cost to my health..
Then April last year I packed a few things and took a new job over the Pennines where my youngest son lives with his mum and all has been ok. I get to see my lad a lot more than I have done the previous six years but and I know this sounds selfish I don't enjoy my job and don't find it easy to meet set targets. I have no social or love life and just go work then come back to the flat.
I know what I have to do to change that but I can't or won't pull myself up and do it.
Then the other day I picked up a bottle.. and I didn't stop until I was absolutely blind drunk. Missed work the next day which I'm due a proper bollocking for. I feel like I've wasted years of my life and don't see how I can improve it from here on in.
Mate, I know it's not really my business to tell you what to do but I really think you might benefit from going to see your GP and talking things through with him/her. Take care, and please don't hesitate to PM if you want to chat.

First thing to do is get help. There are professionals who deal with this stuff. Could be a shortcut out of this for you. Not sure if anyone could do this alone.

I can only say what others have said, try the route with the GP. That's a lot for one person to handle alone and you shouldn't have to.

It doesn't matter how many times you start again or have a clean slate. There is absolutely no limit, which is something that might be helpful to remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.