The Liverpool Thread

Stewart Downing

Now iv always thought he's a decent player despite all the criticism he receives. Im a keen fantasy football player and always look for bargains so i have always stayed loyal to Downing, for the past 6 weeks iv made him my captain as i felt he just had to do something soon. After checking the history rather incredibly Downing has played all 20 and not even mustered up a goal or an assist. For me that is shocking for a winger in a top 6 side. I even said to my Dad before i would prefer him to Johnson however with stats like these maybe he is what people say an over rated/overpriced English winger

Re: Stewart Downing

downingsyndromezgrun.gif

Such a diving bellend

Indeed Viva, not often our Dave has a go at the ref but he did then. When i saw him do that i knew it must have been dodgy as he is a bit of a nice guy is Dave.

you could tell it was a dive with the way all our players in the vicinity went ape shit when the ref gave the freekick.

Only good for a mid table team.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:38 am --<br /><br />
Viva Rivaldo said:
downingsyndromezgrun.gif

Such a diving bellend

Could not have put it better myself Viva.

Downing is the perfect example og how important mental strength is in football. he is actually a good footballer, not great at anything. But good dribbler, good pace, good crosses and shots. But he lacks self belief and is basically a coward. he always passes responsibility to others. I have seen far less talented players achieve much more in the PL

Re: Re: Stewart Downing

Calcio said:
Downing is the perfect example og how important mental strength is in football. he is actually a good footballer, not great at anything. But good dribbler, good pace, good crosses and shots. But he lacks self belief and is basically a coward. he always passes responsibility to others. I have seen far less talented players achieve much more in the PL

Thats exactly how I saw his game yesterday.

He bottled it time and time again.

Re: Re: Stewart Downing

moomba said:
Calcio said:

Thats exactly how I saw his game yesterday.

He bottled it time and time again.

Agree , although Micah was not at the races first half last night and switched off far too easily. By doing that he made Downing look better than he actually is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.