The Liverpool Thread

Re: Stewart Downing

Never rated him at all, in fact i think he's worse now than when he first broke through way back at the start of his career at Boro.

Cannot believe Liverpool spunked £18 million on him, plus he has 32 England caps...32!

ethan23 said:
Im a keen fantasy football player and always look for bargains so i have always stayed loyal to Downing, for the past 6 weeks iv made him my captain as i felt he just had to do something soon.
You've had Stuart's Drowing as your captain over a period when the likes of RVP, Aguero, Silva, Nani, Bale, Adebayor have all been racking up goals and assists?

You're not that keen on it by that evidence!

Dubai Blue said:
ethan23 said:
Im a keen fantasy football player and always look for bargains so i have always stayed loyal to Downing, for the past 6 weeks iv made him my captain as i felt he just had to do something soon.
You've had Stuart's Drowing as your captain over a period when the likes of RVP, Aguero, Silva, Nani, Bale, Adebayor have all been racking up goals and assists?

You're not that keen on it by that evidence!

Haha! I had downing in myself but took him out sharpish.

I thought he'd do quite well for Liverpool. Seemed a good fit and their system should suit him, but 0 goals or assists in the amount of game time he's had is fucking horrendous. I think he'll improve there but he's never gonna be great is he.

£66Mil vs £73Mil

City paid roughly the following:

- £35mil - Ageuro
- £24mil - Silva
- £7mil - Johnson

-----------------------
£66,000,000

Lverpool paid roughly the follwing:

- £35mil Carroll
- £20mil Henderson
- £18mil Downing

------------------------

£73,000,000

Liverpool definatley got the better deals....

Re: £66Mil vs £73Mil

Liverpool don't use money to gain success like us! They make there own players with gods own choir (The Kop) to push them all on to glory. We just buy it!

We are now a more attractive destination for top players than Liverpool, so hopefully the days of us having to pay over the odds to lure players to City are behind us.

Liverpool on the other hand, may find that players needs more $$$ to be thrown into the deal to persuade them to join.

bowdonblue said:
We are now a more attractive destination for top players than Liverpool, so hopefully the days of us having to pay over the odds to lure players to City are behind us.

Liverpool on the other hand, may find that players needs more $$$ to be thrown into the deal to persuade them to join.

But Dirk Kunyt maintains that only mercanaries join City,as LFC have history,so surely LFC don`t have to tempt players for the money.

downingdive5rzmq.gif

Stewart Downing

Biggest concern for Liverpool must be his age. For all the criticism that Carroll and Henderson are getting at least they are young enough to come on, particularly given their respective positions. Downing is 27, already old for a top class winger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.