The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

Yes...
Being in the majority has never had any correlation with being in the right.
Noah teaches us this.
The story of Noah (and his wife- Joan of Arc) has so many holes it's like a Swiss cheese. Where was the water before the flood? Where did it go afterwards? How come the animals didn't eat each other? How did Noah get animals of every type and how did they get back to their original locations? Yes, there are some things we just don't understand - that's because they are stories made up to control superstitious, illiterate, innumerate biblical era peasants. They are told to children to demonstrate a way to behave but they are still made up.
And they are made up by man to control the peasants. They aren't taught by educational means they are taught by indoctrination without a shred of proof. However many centuries of torture, execution or exile for those who show dissent have cemented these ideas in the minds of the population and it's only recently that those willing to think are safe to express their views - and it's still not safe in some areas of the world.

The story of Noah (and his wife- Joan of Arc) has so many holes it's like a Swiss cheese. Where was the water before the flood? Where did it go afterwards? How come the animals didn't eat each other? How did Noah get animals of every type and how did they get back to their original locations? Yes, there are some things we just don't understand - that's because they are stories made up to control superstitious, illiterate, innumerate biblical era peasants. They are told to children to demonstrate a way to behave but they are still made up.
And they are made up by man to control the peasants. They aren't taught by educational means they are taught by indoctrination without a shred of proof. However many centuries of torture, execution or exile for those who show dissent have cemented these ideas in the minds of the population and it's only recently that those willing to think are safe to express their views - and it's still not safe in some areas of the world.
Blasphemer!!! Be careful or you'll get a good stoning.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the World, tap Settings, then tap Change World settings. ...
  • Tap or click Update and recovery, then tap or click Recovery.
  • Under Remove everything and reinstall World, tap or click Get started.
  • Follow the instructions in the Bible (Directors Cut).

As well no doubt.

As well? I'd say it was the primary inspiration, seeing as it put the idea in his head of genetic variation caused by selective breeding, whereas Noah's Ark probably just reminded him he was stuck on a fucking boat.

It is amusing to witness the Bluemoon Atheist Attack Dogs woofing in triumph over the demise of religion. Meanwhile 90+% of the planet's population continue with their faith.

you know British Christianity is on the wane, the very reason for the advert, you can la la la la all you want and ignore what's staring you in your face

You know Anselm is a flame to a moth like me but I can't believe God would have provided us with invincible logical proof of his existence. Godel did though and I'm impressed it's that good an argument.

none of his axioms can be proved to be true

i would also add he starts from a base of being a committed christian which from my perspective slants his view. i.e. he isn't starting with an open mind, you may well disagree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.