The luckiest City fans in our history

I honestly never thought this success would happen. Dont get me wrong cracking memories at Maine Rd and Eastlands (for the older ones) but there were some torrid times, all under the 'shadow' of those cunts in Trafford. These times are truly outstanding and mind boggling. So I do get a bit touchy when having to defend certain things, only because I know (like thousands of others locally, nationally and worldwide) how blessed we are.

We are definitely lucky to have seen so much success though I do feel the 'new' fans and foreign fans take it all for granted. At the parade I heard a few teens say we HAVE TO get treble next year or quadruple and anything else is failure. I hate that attitude, just like I hated united fans saying it in 90s. For me I wanted one major trophy, then the 2012 title was a bonus. I've loved all the trophies don't get me wrong but we shouldn't become spoilt by success like Man U fans. Its never been about success for me, its the memories with my dad and supporting city regardless of results and league. The club would do well to remember us 'legacy' fans become more become disillusioned.

I started going in 75.The shit i saw makes me cherish every trophy we win.It wont last for ever so enjoy it Blues new and old.

It's still my Manchester City and the glory is just a bonus icing on the cake

Glory is not asked for being a Manchester City and I still don't really understand it to be honest, Yes it's fantastic that City now is a worldwide fan base and the club on everybody's lips,

I will say nobody really had to sell Manchester City to me or the older fans, You had 2 choices being a manc, it was Manchester City our nothing else,

It's the kids of 10, 11, 12 etc, who have only ever seen us winning trophies, I was one of them late 60's/70's but not on this scale. They just take for granted we'll win a trophy, have the best players, or win 5-1 like Saturday, for some that first half will be about the worst they'll have seen us play in their lives.

They are the luck ones.

My first game was Swindon in the 90's. I've not seen as much shit as most but I've had my share. I've grown to just laugh at Rags now who ramble on about 115 charges for two reasons. First it means that our succes is really getting to them and they can't take it. Second and most importantly no matter what it won't take away any of those moments which I've lived since being a city fan. I'll treasure them all. Even attending that shithole of a stadium in Istanbul

We've gone from every other fan's favourite 2nd team as we lived in the shadow of United to some real hatred/jealously as Abu Dhabi's oil money has come in. It would have been worse if our football wasn't breathtaking. Money talks - it screams and shouts -it always did. Chelsea under Abramovitch were a great example as were Everton in the 60s backed by Littlewoods pools empire. We'll stick two fingers up to the FA's 115 charges (like EUFA). Thanks to Makin and Wardle, Sinawatra, Amanda Staveley and Alastair Mackintosh for their globe trotting efforts to win financial backing, Mancini and Pellegrini to our present run under Pep and the Sheikh.

It's the kids of 10, 11, 12 etc, who have only ever seen us winning trophies, I was one of them late 60's/70's but not on this scale. They just take for granted we'll win a trophy, have the best players, or win 5-1 like Saturday, for some that first half will be about the worst they'll have seen us play in their lives.

They are the luck ones.
Disagree completely -the ride us FOCs have had is incredible -just look at all the media talk about Luton’s progress just to get in the EPL (impressive though it is) to our journey to where we are now (which the MSM studiously
ignores)

I missed the late sixties stuff but I do remember the tail end of the Bell, Lee, Buzzer era - through to the late 70's team, the John Bond days, then the dark periods, then Gillingham, since which (apart from that awful season when we couldn't score) it been pretty much onwards and upward. Football specials, pay on the gate, singing in the rain and now drinks in Ancoats, superb stadia and Istanbul.
I personally am the luckiest fan in history.

(I smile to myself when the guys sat behind me are losing patience after 20 minutes v Fulham)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.