The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a must not lose game

nothing to do with ''Pellers'' although I'd have been more confident if Bobby was still here tbh

so probably the new messiah will lead us to glory

4 - 1

Moyes will be very negative, which is the right thing as best chance of them getting a result. They will be very dangerous on the counter. Important we don't over commit, but we can't go the way some are suggesting in playing negatively. We have to take the game to them, but in a sensible fashion. 1st goal decisive.

6one said:
Moyes will be very negative, which is the right thing as best chance of them getting a result. They will be very dangerous on the counter. Important we don't over commit, but we can't go the way some are suggesting in playing negatively. We have to take the game to them, but in a sensible fashion. 1st goal decisive.

I have a feeling Moyes will set up not to lose to start off with, that is why we have to score first, if they score first they will change tactics and come at us with confidence and we will find it hard to get a win.

sam-caddick said:
6one said:

I have a feeling Moyes will set up not to lose to start off with, that is why we have to score first, if they score first they will change tactics and come at us with confidence and we will find it hard to get a win.

The first goal is always critical in the derby. Think the last time either team came from behind to win in the league was their 3-2 at Maine Road in 1993 (although they did it in the Charity Shield in 2011, and we did it in the League Cup the year before).

Been reading BR lately and United are heavily favored on there. Seems like we are heading into this as underdogs.

Managed to get myself a ticket. Sat in the Gods, tier 3 row X but will be cheering on the blues as per! First league game since the unforgettable QPR game last year. Can't wait the atmosphere will be rocking let's get at those Red fuckers right from the start!

Hart
Zabba Kompany Nastasic Clichy** (Injury permitting)
Fernan Yaya
Navas Aguero Silva
Dzeko

2-1 City.

....................Hart.....................
Zab...Komp..Nasty..Kola....
.........Fernandihno...........
..Navas...Yaya...Nasri..Silva
....................Aguero.................

colinbellsballboy said:
daxman said:

....................Hart.....................
Zab...Komp..Nasty..Kola....
.........Fernandihno...........
..Navas...Yaya...Nasri..Silva
....................Aguero.................
Substitute nasrii for Milner and move silva inside.If that makes sense.

I can definitely see the merit in playing Milner to provide extra cover with Fernandinho. However I am not sure whether Pellers will play 4-2-3-1 with Kun up top. I am thinking that he will play Dzeko and Kun.

I think we have to protect Kolarov, so I would think the safer option is 4-2-3-1. We have to be careful with their counter attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.