The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
colinbellsballboy said:
daxman said:

....................Hart.....................
Zab...Komp..Nasty..Kola....
.........Fernandihno...........
..Navas...Yaya...Nasri..Silva
....................Aguero.................
Substitute nasrii for Milner and move silva inside.If that makes sense.
BAsed on the defensive effort Nasri put in on Teusday, and in light of his superior movement and footballing intellect, I see no reason why he wouldn't be dominant in that position. If you want to Swap Milner directly for Silva, for fear of needing more support? Then sure. But Nasri for me could be our own Wilshere. He is hard to read, moves better than anyone in the league and always finds a teamate with the ball.
Not to mention, he has swallowed MP's high pressure philosophy hook line and sinker. I predict Nasri if given the place in CM will be City's player of the year.

Both in the short time against Newcastle and Plzen, I have seen a drive that no other city player has matched. He is my darkhorse for City's player of the year.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 pm --<br /><br />
jollylescott said:
colinbellsballboy said:
daxman said:

....................Hart.....................
Zab...Komp..Nasty..Kola....
.........Fernandihno...........
..Navas...Yaya...Nasri..Silva
....................Aguero.................
Substitute nasrii for Milner and move silva inside.If that makes sense.

I can definitely see the merit in playing Milner to provide extra cover with Fernandinho. However I am not sure whether Pellers will play 4-2-3-1 with Kun up top. I am thinking that he will play Dzeko and Kun.

I think we have to protect Kolarov, so I would think the safer option is 4-2-3-1. We have to be careful with their counter attacks.
I think our best defense will be to own possession. And that is better achieved with Nasri and not Milner. Play Dihno on Rooney permanently, and have Yaya and Nasri go mano e mano against Felliani/Carrick. Don't get me wrong, it would be tough, coz Felliani/Carrick is a formidable duo, but if Yaya and Nasri can continue their form from Plzen, I believe they can win that battle, and we can win the game.

Derby nerves

When do you start having them? For me it usually starts a week before. This time however it was the Plzen game and hearing derby songs on the telly. That was the time I thought, bloody hell, we're playing them lot!

the problem with fernandinho on rooney all game is he will get booked in the first 15 mins. don't forget who is reffing this game.

Re: Derby nerves

Although every year I get the shivers when I think about the derby match coming up as most of us will. However, this year I feel somewhat different. I wouldn't call them nerves or shivers though.

Call me massively optimistic or whatever but given how Pellegrini's team are shaping up and Pellegrini's record against Moyes. Plus our record over recent years against the rags. I have more of an expectance that we will do them over good and proper. Only player I'm worried about with them is Welbeck. However, when you look at them, possibly second choice left back is required and neither left backs are any good, up against Navas hopefully. I expect Silva will be playing on the left or maybe Jovetic in first half to run around in the space that will inevitably be created because fellaini likes to get forward.

Maybe I'm over analysing it but I do every match. As controversial as this may be even from a die hard blue, the derby is just another match. No extra points for it. We're more than capable of beating anyone on our day. Let's make derby day our day.

My derby nerves have been calmed by the revelation from the fat unhappy granny shagger that the Liverpool game is their real derby.

I hope he gets what is due to him, a red card.

GXCity said:
Mine are a lot better than they used to be when we were shit. I used to spend all week praying that we wouldn't get battered.

This

But I have been shitin it for days now bad feeling about this one hope I am wrong

Flipping working with a united fan during the game so my nerves aren't too bad as I'll sadly be missing it and his massive fat head will be gobbing off either way and I get free laughs. Oh, the joy.

Not nervous at all. If we lose, it'll only be as a result of a deflection or dodgy refereeing decision and that's half expected when we play them. The only thing I'd be upset by is losing more than 6-1 and that isn't going to happen. What will be will be.

mancyman said:
the problem with fernandinho on rooney all game is he will get booked in the first 15 mins. don't forget who is reffing this game.
Usually Rooney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.