The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

Son came up from his base down south yesterday not seen him for a couple of weeks. Had a few beers in town and a good footie chat. Managed to get both of us giddy.

Can't wait for Sunday now.

Didsbury Dave said:
This is the first derby in about 3 years where I don't fancy us.

Not because they are a better team but because of the system we have been playing, and also because of clichy's absence.

If we set up the same as we have done with yaya and fernandinho sitting deep and taking turns to bomb on, I think they'll punish us by telling Rooney to drift into that space on the right of their midfield, and then hit him with the ball when they break up our attacks so he can run at the gap we leave.

Assuming silva plays we can hurt them of course, but I've got a bad gut feel about this one if we don't change our midfield significantly. We leave acres of space for a team to break into and they do that very well.

Sorry to bring bad vibes to the party ;-)

Apologies for a change to the thread

I would change our system for this one.

One up top as always worked against them so I would go with Sergio up top with Silva in the no 10 role. Silva for Edin , that is it for me .

We need to get the fullbacks bombing on and I am personally thinking in that role Kolarov is a strength , not a weakness.

No nerves , just excitement.

Don't forget in the lat six meetings we have won 4 , lost by the odd goal twice and one of those was with 10 men

Think it will be a draw both teams need solid displays as the other pretenders Arse, Pool, Spuds are vying for that so called fourth spot, a nice win will set us up grand, but can't see the rags letting us have this our own way, one each is the bet I'm placing....but will be desperately wishing for a big city win....CTWD

toffee balls said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Not because they are a better team but because of the system we have been playing, and also because of clichy's absence.

If we set up the same as we have done with yaya and fernandinho sitting deep and taking turns to bomb on, I think they'll punish us by telling Rooney to drift into that space on the right of their midfield, and then hit him with the ball when they break up our attacks so he can run at the gap we leave.

Assuming silva plays we can hurt them of course, but I've got a bad gut feel about this one if we don't change our midfield significantly. We leave acres of space for a team to break into and they do that very well.

Apologies for a change to the thread

I would change our system for this one.

One up top as always worked against them so I would go with Sergio up top with Silva in the no 10 role. Silva for Edin , that is it for me .

We need to get the fullbacks bombing on and I am personally thinking in that role Kolarov is a strength , not a weakness.

No nerves , just excitement.

Don't forget in the lat six meetings we have won 4 , lost by the odd goal twice and one of those was with 10 men
I agree about the formation but kolorov is a huge weakness

gordondaviesmoustache said:
strongbowholic said:
Say it every time, I fucking hate derbies.
Sorry Mr Bow, I just don't get this.

Games like this are what being a football fan is all about.

I get it, I'm the same, don't enjoy them until the final whistle when we've won. I'm very mild mannered usually and every time there's a derby the hackles go up and I'm overcome with venom, rage and hate. When the game is tight, we're drawing and it's near the end I get this feeling that there's going to be a van poncey deflection, a granny shagger shinner or a 95th minute sick note goal after all the head games shite they spout before the game and then trying to get players sent off during it. I've seen it too many times, you can never guarantee that good is going to triumph over evil. What's to like unless we win?

Carver said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
strongbowholic said:
Say it every time, I fucking hate derbies.
Sorry Mr Bow, I just don't get this.

Games like this are what being a football fan is all about.

I get it, I'm the same, don't enjoy them until the final whistle when we've won. I'm very mild mannered usually and every time there's a derby the hackles go up and I'm overcome with venom, rage and hate. When the game is tight, we're drawing and it's near the end I get this feeling that there's going to be a van poncey deflection, a granny shagger shinner or a 95th minute sick note goal after all the head games shite they spout before the game and then trying to get players sent off during it. I've seen it too many times, you can never guarantee that good is going to triumph over evil. What's to like unless we win?
The prospect of defeat makes the victory all the sweeter. I guess it depends on your general mindset and disposition. I am, by nature, a risk taker who tends to usually look positively upon the landscape in front of him, whenever possible.

I guess the thought of how good winning it will be occupies my thoughts much more then the prospect of how shit I'll feel if we lose.

I can't wait to beat those fuckers tomorrow!

I used to always get pre match nerves whoever we was playing and the last time was QPR. I have a feeling that tomorrow morning they will begin again. Hang on, scratch that I've just starting shitting it :(
We have the potential to batter them tomorrow, let's hope its a white hot atmosphere and intimidate the rag scum.

Didsbury Dave said:

My first thought was to set up similarly to the Plzen game, and simply swap Merlin for Nasri. But after further thought we shouldn't get carried away with an average Plzen side. The rags offer a much greater threat. We can't afford to leave acres of space in midfield, so I now think there is an argument for just Kun up top, and an extra midfielder in place of the second striker.

So in answer to the question I will have extra nerves if we set up the same way as we have in recent games. Lets not get too carried away by the Plzen result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.