The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Derby nerves

The best game of the season, gutted to miss these games. Trying to explain to my son what it means, I hate the fcukers and everything they are . Bring it on

NoahCity said:
Been reading BR lately and United are heavily favored on there. Seems like we are heading into this as underdogs.
BR??

And the bookies disagree along with the pundits.

No nerves for me ... feel very calm and confident. I expect us to dominate the ball and the game and run out comfortable winners.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
NQCitizen said:
Also, he's not a big game player. He rarely shines on the big occasion imo.

When Arsenal beat United didn't he score both the goals and play like a man possessed.

Also his amazing game v Chelsea in '12.
Ok, big game player for us, that Chelsea game apart.

I'd agree with that all in all but arguably he's been our best player so far this season. Would like to see him start, also think you get most value out of Navas as an impact sub

For me:

Fernandinho Yaya
Silva nasri
Jovetic Aguero

Think the intelligence and movement of that front 4 would be unplayable. Then when defending bring Nasri central and switch one of the strikers over to the left.

I'd rather we went 4-2-3-1 but I really doubt we will.

I have been feeling unusually calm then I read this thread , now I am feeling a little bit anxious

Ok, big game player for us, that Chelsea game apart.

Spurs, Chelsea 11/12 (H), United 11/12 (H), & 12/13 (A).

The only team he hasn't played well against most times is his old club Arsenal.

Not nervous one bit.

This game wont define anything whether we win, lose or draw. Far far to early to mean much at all.

I was miles more nervous v Plzen.

I have nerves like custard! The more pressure you put on it the harder it is.

jollylescott said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is the first derby in about 3 years where I don't fancy us.

Not because they are a better team but because of the system we have been playing, and also because of clichy's absence.

If we set up the same as we have done with yaya and fernandinho sitting deep and taking turns to bomb on, I think they'll punish us by telling Rooney to drift into that space on the right of their midfield, and then hit him with the ball when they break up our attacks so he can run at the gap we leave.

Assuming silva plays we can hurt them of course, but I've got a bad gut feel about this one if we don't change our midfield significantly. We leave acres of space for a team to break into and they do that very well.

Sorry to bring bad vibes to the party ;-)

My first thought was to set up similarly to the Plzen game, and simply swap Merlin for Nasri. But after further thought we shouldn't get carried away with an average Plzen side. The rags offer a much greater threat. We can't afford to leave acres of space in midfield, so I now think there is an argument for just Kun up top, and an extra midfielder in place of the second striker.

So in answer to the question I will have extra nerves if we set up the same way as we have in recent games. Lets not get too carried away by the Plzen result.

The way to stop utd is threefold:

1. Swarm all over Carrick and stop him feeding the wings and the space in the hole. Milner's name should be on this role and he should be tasked with doing everything he can to do Carrick's head in.

2. Give their wings something to fucking think about,. This is why I'd go with Navas. He will keep Evra in his own half. As hated as he is on here Evra is a fucking dangerous **** when he bombs forward and overlaps.

3. Quick intelligent movement around their ageing centre back pairing. Aguero will make them look like rattling smackheads on the phone box run given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.