The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini59 said:
Last season at the Etihad, we put all of our stock into stopping RVP and Shrek ended up bagging 2 goals. On current form, I don't think we'll make the same mistake again, but they have got goals in them. Just depends on how many goals we've got in us.

They had 2 attacks in that 1 st half and scored twice !!

We were the better team and desreved, at the very least, a share of the spoils.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 am --<br /><br />
flb said:
Same team as last night but I'm praying for Clichy to be fit!

Kolarov has the shirt , end of.

Zab---Komps--Nasty--Clichy
------Milner---Ferdy------
--Aguero---Yaya---Silva--
---------Negredo---------

If Clichy and Silva are both fit, I fancy a win in this one.

If they aren't I'm nervous.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 am --<br /><br />If Clichy and Silva are both fit, I fancy a win in this one.

If they aren't I'm nervous.

It seems that as soon as we are in the lead, like the newcastle game, we get a huge confidence boosta nd are able to run riot. Im just worried about the spells before we get a goal...we seem to lack confidence, need some belief put into the squad

Pellegrini59 said:
Last season at the Etihad, we put all of our stock into stopping RVP and Shrek ended up bagging 2 goals. On current form, I don't think we'll make the same mistake again, but they have got goals in them. Just depends on how many goals we've got in us.

This is the key for us on Sunday. Shrek does have a very nasty habit of scoring against us. If we can keep him quiet and hopefully he picks up an early booking (whilst he is spending all of his time and efforts trying to get Vinnie sent off) we will do OK.

Oh... and we make sure Nasri is not the last man in the wall against any last minute free kicks.

Didsbury Dave said:

-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 am --

Clichy in particular,Valencia is bang on form again,i'm sure he'd love to see Kolarov in our line up......

FantasyIreland said:
Zab---Komps--Nasty--Clichy
------Milner---Ferdy------
--Aguero---Yaya---Silva--
---------Negredo---------

Agree with that

Yaya has a big part to play against microphone head though, already seen in his first 2 games the way they want him to retain the ball in the hole behind the striker, yaya needs to beast him or peg him back by penetrating forward, he's starting to look fitter game by game though so I'm confident the latter will apply- just wish those slagging the bloke would actually remember how he's started here from day dot- 3 goals in 5 games and he's getting better, I had him as hitting 15 this year before the season started, if he does we'll be very close to a major trophy!

3-1 Sunday- negredo 2, nasty 1

I feel more confident when Kompany is in that back 4 . I hope he doesn't get injured like last year . That injury cost us last year in the 3-2 derby defeat to Newton Heath . If we play like we did against Newcastle we will win .

If there is one area that Pellegrini needs to have a serious look at it's our left. If Clichy is not fit and Kolorov plays we will have problems. I'd be in favour of playing Milner wide left and protecting Kolorov, not ideal I know but the rags will exploit that side.

Hart
Zabba Komps Nasty Clichy/Kolorov

Navas Yaya Ferdy Milner

Aguero Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.