The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
I'm interested to see how MP deals with effectively his first big game as our manager. Will he spring any surprises, both in formation and personnel, to keep gollum on the back foot?

Personally I think he will start Silva and go with 5 in the middle, Sergio as lone striker.

But we are playing at home??

Gollum feel the noize
From City Boys
We go wild wild wild
For the blues

ANY1aBLUE said:
Left side is a weakness that they will undoubtedly target - Kolarov just can't defend and there is no cover in front of him. This will pull Nasty out of position. Im dreading this.
I expect Milner to play and his combo with Zabaleta should seal up the right side.

Kolarov was up against Valencia at Wembley in the semi, and played him out of the game. The difference (apart from a different manager!) was we played them higher up the field, and that gave Kola room to work with. If we sit deep, i think he/we will struggle.

Re: Derby nerves

TGR said:
Since the semi final win over the Rags at Wembley I have gone into every derby genuinely thinking we will win.
Man for man we are a better team overall. No different for this one.
They don't scare me anymore and that is a nice feeling.

Same for me. The results over the last few years show that this is winnable home or away and is nowhere near as significant as it used to be as it doesn't define our season anymore.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nellyonthewing said:
A lot of people are backing Nasri to play after his performance mid week. For me he has seldom put consecutive good performances together and he really needs to step up now and string some 8/10 matches together instead of his average 6/10 & that' s being generous.
Also, he's not a big game player. He rarely shines on the big occasion imo.

When Arsenal beat United didn't he score both the goals and play like a man possessed.

Also his amazing game v Chelsea in '12.

Dodgemeister said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'm interested to see how MP deals with effectively his first big game as our manager. Will he spring any surprises, both in formation and personnel, to keep gollum on the back foot?

Personally I think he will start Silva and go with 5 in the middle, Sergio as lone striker.

But we are playing at home??

Are we? Fuck, I never knew.....

I don't think it's negative to only play 1 up top, Wiggy will be dropping deep tomorrow which will give them an extra man in the middle. Our creative players are much better than their's and I think we will dictate possession far better with five in the middle.

I would play Aguero up front to take full advantage of his pace. But also play Jovetic behind him.

NoahCity said:
Been reading BR lately and United are heavily favored on there. Seems like we are heading into this as underdogs.

Bookies do not see it this way and they are USUALLY correct

I'd say we have 8 players nailed on to start....

.........................Hart........................
...Zab........Vince........Nasty...........?....
..Navas......Yaya.........Ferny...........?....
..................?............Sergio...............

The missing 3 depend on formation and fitness.

I'd like to see Clichy, Jimmy and Merlin.

Re: Derby nerves

This is the first derby in about 3 years where I don't fancy us.

Not because they are a better team but because of the system we have been playing, and also because of clichy's absence.

If we set up the same as we have done with yaya and fernandinho sitting deep and taking turns to bomb on, I think they'll punish us by telling Rooney to drift into that space on the right of their midfield, and then hit him with the ball when they break up our attacks so he can run at the gap we leave.

Assuming silva plays we can hurt them of course, but I've got a bad gut feel about this one if we don't change our midfield significantly. We leave acres of space for a team to break into and they do that very well.

Sorry to bring bad vibes to the party ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.