The Mario Balotelli "hype"

Balotelli will always be one of my all-time favorites. Incredibly misunderstood individual and a great player. Hoping for nothing but the best for him

Bokonon said:
Balotelli will always be one of my all-time favorites. Incredibly misunderstood individual and a great player. Hoping for nothing but the best for him

For those of us that don't understand,can you please explain?

Bokonon said:

yes the guys a hero he put two good shifts in at Wembley v united and stoke plus the 6-1 and the Aguero goal and don't forget the wink to wio and the t-shirt, we got our moneys worth and sold him on but i'l never slag him off 'cheers mario'

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29748830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29748830</a>

Why would he be in Wythenshawe? Wasn't he spotted in the area a couple of times when he was with us. I guess he has a missus in that part of town.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Mario has an image of himself, just like Brand Beckham, call it Brand Mario. It is the opposite of Brand Beckham. Goofy fashion, I don't give a F@$! attitude- love me or hate me I don't care. His goal celebrations are akin to rappers dropping the mic and walking offstage, or Miles Davis playing a concert with his back to the audience the entire set. This image does not go over well with most football fans when things are going good. When things are bad, like now for instance, fans go from not happy to incensed.

And the pundits recommendation is...run around more and look like your are trying. As a city supporter, I know the outcome of that scenario. Mario trying = yellow cards. I don't care enough about Liverpool to watch them unless they are playing City, so I don't know if Mario is making enough runs or not, but my suggestion to everyone is to stop worrying about Mario and love the Bomb. He's a very talented but inconsistent player at the moment, end of.

(My new conspiracy theory right now is that Mario is secretly planning a move back to City's as our 4th striker by lowering his value down to 2 million pounds.)

Beezer said:
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Mario has an image of himself, just like Brand Beckham, call it Brand Mario. It is the opposite of Brand Beckham. Goofy fashion, I don't give a F@$! attitude- love me or hate me I don't care. His goal celebrations are akin to rappers dropping the mic and walking offstage, or Miles Davis playing a concert with his back to the audience the entire set. This image does not go over well with most football fans when things are going good. When things are bad, like now for instance, fans go from not happy to incensed.

And the pundits recommendation is...run around more and look like your are trying. As a city supporter, I know the outcome of that scenario. Mario trying = yellow cards. I don't care enough about Liverpool to watch them unless they are playing City, so I don't know if Mario is making enough runs or not, but my suggestion to everyone is to stop worrying about Mario and love the Bomb. He's a very talented but inconsistent player at the moment, end of.

(My new conspiracy theory right now is that Mario is secretly planning a move back to City's as our 4th striker by lowering his value down to 2 million pounds.)

I watched them few times and i can assure you that if you hate liverpool you will take a pleasure to watch balotelli wasting chances trying to shoot everytime now he cant even beat on one on one so he just slow the tempo like they are playing with 10

So as other said when you hype yourself too much its works as well as things goes well but when you get exposed ...

Re: The Mario Balotelli

moomba said:
therealsvenn said:
If he's so bad why did Brenda play him?
If he's bad why did Liverpool buy him?

Seems like he's a scapegoat.

Reading the BBC website (why do I bother) there are about five references to Ballotelli and not a single one about the game.
Where were the other ten players?

Changing shirts its all a smokescreen for a poor performance from a side who are not playing well and Brenda cant hack it!
Come on, get real. They clearly wouldnt have conceded 3 goals in the first half if Mario didnt swap his shirt at half time.

Of course Pepe also swapped his shirt at half time, the sky didnt fall in on Madrid for some reason.

Just turned on SSN to hear about 'Liverpool's shirt swapping etiquette' (wtf?) and how Mario compared with Suarez. But not as you may think Suarez's first 8 ever games for 'pool when he was settling in but last season and had been there for 2 years or so. I turned it off. World has gone bleeding mad.

I didn't see the 'pool match but I assume the Liverpool defence was so distracted by Mario's shirt swapping antics it led to all three goals and the seemingly poor performance overall.

An interesting tale of two Italian strikers though. One bought in 2012 for around £12m and has been solidly gash ever since and the other for £16m and has been fairly gash (admittedly along with most of the team) for 8 games or so and suddenly its the end of days and the media are burning effigies as we speak. Its fucking bizarre and morbidly fascinating to watch in equal measure.

I like Mario and enjoyed his time with us so I don't really get why he sends so many people into a frothing rage. So what is it about Mario that enrages people so much? Oh and its a general question and not aimed at you moomba.

So come on and enlighten me why people get so pissed about Mario but no one cares about Borini for example.

yeseye said:
Manc in London said:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29748830

Why would he be in Wythenshawe? Wasn't he spotted in the area a couple of times when he was with us. I guess he has a missus in that part of town.
I think his mum lives in Wythenshawe!

Is that a wind-up? Genuine question.

Manc in London said:
yeseye said:
Manc in London said:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29748830

I think his mum lives in Wythenshawe!

Is that a wind-up? Genuine question.
Being reported as so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.