The Mario Balotelli "hype"

Re: The Mario Balotelli "hype"

malg said:
Being used as a scapegoat. I hope the headlines this morning, saying he may never be good enough for Liverpool, are just headline nonsense and are not attributable to Rodgers. Some of Collymore's comments about him on the match day coverage on Sunday were shocking. It appears Mario has been singled out as public enemy number 1!
Quotes from Rodgers did put it out there in the public domain.

Re: The Mario Balotelli

moomba said:
malg said:
Being used as a scapegoat. I hope the headlines this morning, saying he may never be good enough for Liverpool, are just headline nonsense and are not attributable to Rodgers. Some of Collymore's comments about him on the match day coverage on Sunday were shocking. It appears Mario has been singled out as public enemy number 1!
Quotes from Rodgers did put it out there in the public domain.
Christ, that's shocking. I'm sure he's has his head in some fucking American management guru handbook, and thinks this will fire Balotelli up. A lot of Liverpool fans have been critical of Gerrard, I'd be surprised if Rodgers would publically come out and criticise him. I think the comments of Shearer and Hartson on MOTD say it all about the mentality in England - 'if you're not playing well, then just run around and look interested'. I bet there were examples of him actually running back, or making decent runs into decent areas, but we all know that once the media get their teeth into someone (and the manager also starts to use that players as a scapegoat), then they will tailor their coverage to suit their needs.

Balo : from only messi is better than me to he is not fit to play for liverpool

Citizen in Pakistan said:
Do liverpool and there pundits realize there are 10 others players who should be doing there job aswell?
Plus there's the manager. I really think he's trying to shoehorn Balo into the wrong role. He's a player you just have to play in the position and role that suit him, the only way he'll deliver.

Football365's Mediawatch has a lot to say about Mario today:

'We're not sure about you, but Mediawatch is getting a bit sick of Brendan Rodgers' sanctimonious bulls**t about Mario Balotelli.

Said Rodgers on Thursday: "I'm the type of manager that gives people an opportunity. I understand the criticism that will come my way because of that."

Some of you might remember these quotes from Jordan Henderson about Rodgers trying to bin him off to Fulham just a couple of months after joining Liverpool: "When the manager told me I could go to Fulham it was a bit of a shock at first. What he said came as a sort of bolt from the blue. I worked really hard to come to a club like Liverpool and I didn't want to leave in a hurry."

That's the same Jordan Henderson who is now the "moral compass of the group" after being named Liverpool's vice-captain.

Well done for giving him an opportunity, Brendan.

Gentle Touch

Said Brendan Rodgers after Sir Alex Ferguson revealed he chose not to sign Jordan Henderson because of his weird gait (which is still a very odd thing to say): "As someone who has worked with young players he must understand the impact his words can have."

Yes, you wouldn't want to alienate young players would you now, Brendan?

You definitely wouldn't want to call them a 'gamble', a 'risk', or imply they were a last resort.

Scapegoat

Mediawatch would happily sit here all day and pick apart every Graeme, Jamie and Robbie who feel they're in a strong enough position to criticise Mario Balotelli's 'behaviour' (he swapped a sodding shirt) but we simply don't have the time.

We would like to make a quick point, however, to everyone using Cesare Prandelli's remarks after the World Cup as another stick to beat Balotelli.

'Cesare Prandelli, forced to quit as Italy boss following their World Cup shambles, admitted he made a big mistake in selecting Balotelli for the squad,' writes the Daily Mirror's David Maddock.

Prandelli was desperate for a scapegoat after his spectacular failure at the World Cup, happy to ignore the fact that Balotelli's header against England gave Italy their only win. He would have been a prat not to take Italy's top scorer in qualifying, so his cowardly comments should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Anyway, it's good to see him doing so well at Galatasaray.'

Somewhat incredibly, he seems to be getting an even harder time at Liverpool than he was when he was with us. Sure, he hasn't exactly hit the ground running there and deserves some constructive criticism as a result but he's being unfairly scapegoated for Liverpool's wank defence and the manager that isn't getting his team close to hitting the highs of last season. The Balotelli conundrum should be a mere side issue and he's not exactly the only new signing of theirs that is struggling to make an impact.

No doubt Mario has issues with applying himself on a consistent basis but Rodgers would've known this when he signed him and if he keeps getting the amount of stick that he appears to be getting from inside the club then he'll end up giving even less of a shit than he appears to now. For all his problems at City, I think he enjoyed his time with us more than at any other club he has played at.

Feel sorry for Mario at the moment. Getting battered for very little. Was always the way.

Shirley said:
paulchapo said:
Well rolling up in a Ferrari in one of the most deprived areas in Manchester is hardly going incognito, lol!

If you believe Wythenshawe is one of most deprived areas in Manchester then I can only guess you were born and bred in Alderley Edge.

Nope born and bred in Benchill Wythenshawe and it was once one of the most deprived areas of Manchester although mainly due to investment and Willow park running things it has improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.