Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to take a punt, I'm going to guess Barca have briefed the press that he's staying. It goes against Messi's own statement earlier today. Barca and messi dont seem to be on the wavelength about a lot right now though.

How the fuck does he send his dad agent to declare that the release clause is void then decide to stay. Doesn't make sense at all. I think they've fought dirty and are holding Messi at ransom. That La Liga's statement makes it appear that they're not even trying.

Still trying to understand the logic of everything that has gone on. Wants to leave, mega meetings with his dad and lawyers, 2 statements (first one via fax and the one today). Hes being staying and leaving about 5 times.... today!

I want him as much as anyone, but i can see him staying for another year at barca. Then either signing a new 1/2 year contract or going back to argentina.

In fact, the letter explicitly states its case regardless of "other rights" in the contract. I think they don't want to leave for free but still believe they can.

If Messi's opening position is zero and Barca's position is 700 million, then maybe these are the opening shots to paving the way for all parties to give up their widely different positions, in order to invite a suitor in (City) and find what is referred to as the "area of acceptability". That is a solution whereby all parties can walk away from the negotiating table with enough to satisfy them and their stakeholders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.