The MMA Thread

balkanno said:
leighton said:
balkanno said:
Penn. “This is the last time you’ll see me in here. I want to perform at the top level. I’ve got a daughter and another one on the way. I don’t want to go home looking like this.”

This doesn t sound like the end word, maybe hes just needing the breakk. It was a bad timing for him to get into that Fight only 35 days before. Maybe he will want a real end fight nd will get it.

Diaz vs. GSP is going to be a cracker, but GSP will tape him all the time nd he will go for submissions. Tho Diaz will make some impact and damage GSP, but not that badly.

To be honest BJ has nothing to prove to anyone. His fights with Mat Hughes over the years got me into the MMA and Penn big time. Used to love Mat Hughes always thought he was a great fighter at his peak.

Wasn t saying he has, i just don t belive hes going to retire after this. The UFC will offer him a fight to end hes Career and fill their Card.

Yes i belive i ave some fights with Hughes somewhere on my disk, i was watching UFC since 66, Chuck vs Tito their rematch and since then most likely all.

To be honest they could put BJ in there with Hughes again but I just dont want to see them fight again and it would be a easy win for BJ. Maybe a rematch with Jon Fitch could happen but after last night I think he wont be back again.

leighton said:
balkanno said:
leighton said:
To be honest BJ has nothing to prove to anyone. His fights with Mat Hughes over the years got me into the MMA and Penn big time. Used to love Mat Hughes always thought he was a great fighter at his peak.

Wasn t saying he has, i just don t belive hes going to retire after this. The UFC will offer him a fight to end hes Career and fill their Card.

Yes i belive i ave some fights with Hughes somewhere on my disk, i was watching UFC since 66, Chuck vs Tito their rematch and since then most likely all.

To be honest they could put BJ in there with Hughes again but I just dont want to see them fight again and it would be a easy win for BJ. Maybe a rematch with Jon Fitch could happen but after last night I think he wont be back again.

Hughes ain t in a bad form, he was on the Rampage vs Jones card nd lost to Koschek right? If i remember he didn t look d that bad against BJ. Well we see maybe BJ just needs a break while hes getting his 2nd child, after that who knows..like i said i can t belive he would leave like this.

However, there are many good new names comming and the cards will get better and better.

Ok UFC 138 is in Birmingham. Many UK fighters on it.

Here is the fight card:

Middleweight bout: United States Chris Leben vs.United States Mark Muñoz
Bantamweight bout: England Brad Pickett vs. Brazil Renan Barão
Welterweight bout: Brazil Thiago Alves vs. Sweden Papy Abedi
Lightweight bout: England Terry Etim vs. United States Edward Faaloloto
Lightweight bout: England Paul Taylor vs. Nigeria Anthony Njokuani

In the Prelims also John Maguire, Mills and Broughton vs. De Fries

It s on Nov 5th

Bit surprised Dan Hardy or Michael Bisping isnt on the card. 2 top British fighters with a decent following. Same with Paul Daley but the UFC wont take him back just yet. If all 3 were still with the UFC that would make a great card maybe with Bisping fighting a top 3 contender. They will have to have a title fight in the UK some time soon.

Haven't watched an event for awhile now, since 132 i think.

Upset really, seeing BJ like this, he was my idol growing up, his ground game second to none.

I already knew Crocop was finished, he's just fighting on the back of his name.

But yea, BJ Penn - legend, and this word isn't overused in his sense.

Didn't know UFC had switched to Fox either, wasn't surprising but it just shows how big the sport is these days.

Yes, well that s fresh on FOX. Spike TV lose their rights for live Events in 2012 but re still able to show older stuff from their Libary. Spike also buyed Bellator nd will start covering in 2013, which is great to prepare the Event on a higher level.

All in one, we will ave 3 high Championships nd golden weeks re comming for MMA fans. Also DREAM is going alot better lately, tho Fight for Japan was a bit lazy but it s being better like i said.

Even tho UFC makes so much money, DREAM trailers are still better :D

I hope the UFC come to Ireland some time next year. The only time they came it sold out within a few hours the tickets were a nightmare to get. I had to make do with watching it on ESPN instead. It would make sense for the UFC to do a double header the next time they are back in the UK the following week head over to Dublin for a card it has to happen it will be over 2 years since they came to Dublin.

They re very US based, tho England, Canada nd now Brasil are most popular after it. The next european Event (after this one on Sat) will be Stockholm in March 2012. I guess you wouldn t ave a problem to get Tickets nd if you realy wanted to see it, you could plan a trip or something. For me as living in an non EU country it s gets to the point where you leave it because of the paper work. My bday is on 22th (Napoli game) i wanted so badly to go to the game, but couldn t renew my Passport in time - it takes 1 Month + i needed an italian Visa + some other shit = 2 Months min.

Dana has been saying that they want to get back to Ireland. It would be different if they couldnt sell out. Sadly for Ireland we dont have a fighter in the UFC unlike the British fighters in there. There are some MMA fighters over here in other MMA companies and they are doing ok. I know they want to come back to Ireland they could put on a shit card here and they will sell out the o2 quick enough. There are more people over here that know more about UFC than boxing. There is even a couple of clubs that do MMA training not too far away from me and its packed most nights they train.

That s their point, Dana has learned from Toronto when Shields was outboo'd even tho GSP was tappin the rounds. I don t know whats their goal showing the world that us fighters are the best or just making sure that fighers are aving the styles needed, or a mix of booth. However, i would like to c more european events too. The Nevada crowd kinda gettin lazy...

btw: UFC 140 Jones vs. Machida + brilliant card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.