the money stick we get beaten by

Piegilles said:
Shirley said:
Piegilles said:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that there is a direct correlation between money spent on a squad and league position.

City has spent the most, has the strongest squad and because of that is deservedly hot favourites to lift the title in May.

City can also afford to pay the best wages which means that all things being equal, it can better attract the best players.

These are all facts. You can't have it both ways - you have to accept that you could not achieve your success without having splashed the cash on the best players available. If UEFA thinks that's fine and you comply with the FFP rules, then so what? Enjoy your success. Before the Abu Dhabi money, you were more often than not, a yo yo team unable to match the big clubs for honours. So, rather than bleat that other fans are being horrid to you because of your Arab sugar daddy, accept that with money and success comes the rightful accusation it was money bought. After all, that's just stating the bleedin' obvious.

As to the match yesterday, I was in the away end in the south stand. We lost, you were the better team and although it pains me to say it, the title is yours to lose. Our lack of squad depth was highlighted yesterday by the result which showed we lack your ability to rotate key players. I thought we looked very leggy in the last 20 minutes. Your strong squad will prove pivotal over a season. As much as I'd hope to strengthen in January, I suspect we won't.

I don't understand you have billionaire owners and the most expensive tickets in Europe yet somehow all you lot do is go on about money. You need to ask serious questions what the fcuk is going on in your club.

But but but...we do it the right way, the organic way.

The difference is that our billionaire owner doesn't put his money into the club. Even if he did, he'd be a relative pauper compared to Sheik Mansour.

We can't afford to pay players £200k a week. We have had to finance a new stadium. Who paid for yours? Our net spending on players over the past 8 years has been minimal. You get hit by the big money stick? Diddums. We don't have your cash and we get hit by the no trophies won stick. So what. Support your team and move on.

We are. We also don't go on your forum and tell you what YOU should talk about. Before giving out the shit. Remember where you are.
It's not our fault you're in a bad mood because you finally acknowledged you just aint good enough.

samharris said:
Piegilles said:
mancityvstoke said:
Walk it then ...............it's the first year so give it time.

I'd have thought justified criticism of metro link would be non controversial and likely provoke similar sentiments from equally frustrated City fans but it seems to me that at least insofar as you are concerned you feel the need to support it despite its obvious inadequacy - I don't seem why it's a badge of honour for City fans to support metro link just because a Gooner decides to criticise it. I'll write to Metro Link suggesting they seek some operational advice on running a public transport system from their big brother TFL.

Fuck me, just when you think all the Arsenal condescending Tarquin pricks have been on,this c u n t turns up!!!

Not for long

Look, United had the most money for ages, then Chelsea. Arsenal have always had a lot as well. Now it is our turn, Someone has to be richest, no one can stop me enjoying it , everyone else just has to deal with it. End of.

Mancity1980 said:
LFC-Fans said:
Fair enough, anyhow. Like I said, I admire the fact that you are putting money into the academy its nice to see. Plus its nice to see you guys hammer United every season :D

Even after us hammering Spurs 0-5 I am still not confident about the game against you lot. Be nice?

We should beat you, but things don't always work out how they should. How good would it be for both city and Liverpool to finish top 4 with the Rags looking in?

PS Suarez's goal scoring form is doing wonders for my fantasy football team!
And mine !. I'm currently top of our mini league out of 32 people and top by 68 points and that's before the Suarez points go on . Defence needs tinkering though .

Danamy said:
samharris said:
Piegilles said:
I'd have thought justified criticism of metro link would be non controversial and likely provoke similar sentiments from equally frustrated City fans but it seems to me that at least insofar as you are concerned you feel the need to support it despite its obvious inadequacy - I don't seem why it's a badge of honour for City fans to support metro link just because a Gooner decides to criticise it. I'll write to Metro Link suggesting they seek some operational advice on running a public transport system from their big brother TFL.

Fuck me, just when you think all the Arsenal condescending Tarquin pricks have been on,this c u n t turns up!!!

Not for long

"Put the hammer down Danamy"
"you want the hammer down, i'll put the hammer down"

Thor likes this post

Arsenal are the snobby gets who live on a posh estate and own a nice merc..then they get all precious cos the riff raff lottery family turn up,move next door and only use the Bentley to go to Lidl.

TCIB said:
Danamy said:
samharris said:

Not for long

"Put the hammer down Danamy"
"you want the hammer down, i'll put the hammer down"

Thor likes this post

The hammer was down before I posted, unfortunately I can't put my name to it on this occasion.

samharris said:
Arsenal are the snobby gets who live on a posh estate and own a nice merc..then the riff raff lottery family turn up,move next door and only use the Bentley to go to Lidl.

excellent , we also shit in the bidet.

Mancity1980 said:
Look, United had the most money for ages, then Chelsea. Arsenal have always had a lot as well. Now it is our turn, Someone has to be richest, no one can stop me enjoying it , everyone else just has to deal with it. End of.
These interfering outsiders need to realise that City were bought for about 1/20th of what it would have cost to buy the rags, despite competing in the same competitions other than the Champions League. This would have left Sheikh Mansour with a considerable amount of money to invest in all areas of the club, something he may not have budgeted for if he had bought out the Glazers instead. That concept should be easy enough to figure out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.