The most important signing left is to keep Tevez

BlueGun said:
Jack_mcfc_ said:
Too be fair I don't think we need him that much, would prefer to have rid, but he will be a good back up for Aguero, Dzeko or Balotelli.

Tevez a backup? are you mad?

If he's fit then he's ahead of all of them in the pecking order.

According to what metrics, skills on FIFA11? I've never seen Tevez work nearly as much for the team as Dzeko did against Bolton. Balo and Aguero have that potential, too.

Tevez doesn't. Case closed, Inter/Corinthians next if he's lucky, Anzhi if he's not.

BlueGun said:
Jack_mcfc_ said:
Too be fair I don't think we need him that much, would prefer to have rid, but he will be a good back up for Aguero, Dzeko or Balotelli.

I've seen no evidence that Balotelli will score 20+ goals this season whereas Tevez delivers - pity he and his Mrs cant be arsed to learn English and then he could write his own restaurant guide.

tonycoleman said:
BlueGun said:
Jack_mcfc_ said:

I've seen no evidence that Balotelli will score 20+ goals this season whereas Tevez delivers - pity he and his Mrs cant be arsed to learn English and then he could write his own restaurant guide.

The problem with that logic (or lack there of), is that when Tevez scores everyone else barely does. Last season every ball passed forward had to go through Tevez, for him to molest it until gets dispossessed or tries to score -- the only way he knows.

Mancini is building a team (finally!), not a circus act.

Some people have very short memories... Off pitch issues aside, the guys fucking amazing. End of errand.

Yes, in an average team. The problem here is that Mancini is trying to turn City into a great team.

I find it funny how "obedient to the leader" the self proclaimed supporters of the club which Tevez held hostage for a couple of years now really are.

In psychology, it's called "the Stockholm syndrome". In football supporter terms its an indication of being a supporter of a small club, happy picking up the crumbs.

Well, the times they are a-changing.

Luke_mcfc said:
Some people have very short memories... Off pitch issues aside, the guys fucking amazing. End of errand.

In the end its about goals. City (as a team) will score more goals with Carlos off the pitch. Couldn't say that two years ago, may not have been able to say that last year. This year though, he would be a net drag on our production.

BlueJill said:
Luke_mcfc said:

In the end its about goals. City (as a team) will score more goals with Carlos off the pitch. Couldn't say that two years ago, may not have been able to say that last year. This year though, he would be a net drag on our production.

Exactly. With Tevez on, he'd probably be the highest scorer again, but the team would finish second or third. Anyone reasonable prefers the alternative where Dzeko, Silva, Aguero score 15 each, but City score 70-80.

I want to see what City fans will say about him if he score the winning goal against Spurs :)

Hopefully Tevez will stay to fight it out with Dzeko for the main striker role. Both should get loads of starts and if not loads of minutes as sub. Look at berbatov at utd. Barely ever started yet still contributed.

Baloteli will hopefully stay too. It's not beyond belief that he could push Aguero, Nasri or Silva for a starting role. Seriously. Johnson has done enough to warrant staying and fighting it out too.

Basically only want Ade, Bridge and Bellamy to go (with best of wishes towards them all). Would love to fit SWP and even Ned into the squad if they were willing. I'm a sentimental ok'd fool :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.