The most important signing left is to keep Tevez

I too am a bit more relaxed about him now. In the cold light of day and with more options I wonder if Carlos is capable of really playing a team game. Last season we were set up for him to play and he did it on the pitch, but to take a top team apart at the back we need partnerships (Chelsea have the problem that Drogba and Torres wont pass to each other.

I remember him doing a great job on his own at West Ham, but no partnerships - doesnt hit it off with anyone internationally either - same at stretford, never really had an understanding with anyone, So I too think we willl be better off with the Augero/Dezko thing long term. IMHO

would rather see aguero and dzeko form the deadliest strike partnership in football. carlos can have a year on the bench for me. hero to zero

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
I too am a bit more relaxed about him now. In the cold light of day and with more options I wonder if Carlos is capable of really playing a team game. Last season we were set up for him to play and he did it on the pitch, but to take a top team apart at the back we need partnerships (Chelsea have the problem that Drogba and Torres wont pass to each other.

I remember him doing a great job on his own at West Ham, but no partnerships - doesnt hit it off with anyone internationally either - same at stretford, never really had an understanding with anyone, So I too think we willl be better off with the Augero/Dezko thing long term. IMHO

completely agree re the partnership thing GGRB; seems to be a part of his life in general - seems similar in his private life too, cheats on his Mrs and then blames Manchester for the breakdown in his relationship

Cobwebcat said:
BringBackSwales said:
Cobwebcat said:
He's better than them. If he stays he's first choice when match fit.

IN YOUR OPINION he is. In My opinion he is not - and his attitude is like a fucking millstone around our club's neck

OK in my opinion. But the fact that a striker's main job is to score goals and Tevez scored more than any of them in the last two seasons and finished Premier League top scorer last season points to the fact I might be right and that he won't spend too much time on the bench if he stays.

I would say that I don't care who scores the goals. I do however care if the "main striker" refuses to pass the ball when an opportunity presents itself. Silva scored how many goals last season? And Dzeko? And how many have they scored this season, with Tevez out of the team? That says it all. I'd rather have 4 players scoring 20 goals each than 1 player scoring 40 with no one else scoring any. If Tevez doesn't learn to pass, bench him.

If Dzeko, Aguero and Silva keep playing the way they do, I see no reason to put Tevez in that mix, if his only contribution is to try make everything happen on his own. I was hoping for a good showing against Bolton, but frankly Tevez looked like shit. Fit or not fit, passing the ball doesn't require fitness...

dref619 said:
would rather see aguero and dzeko form the deadliest strike partnership in football. carlos can have a year on the bench for me. hero to zero
My big worry with tevez staying is that the Aguero/Dzeko partnership - which looks really exciting already - will not be allowed to flourish. That's my biggest worry on top of his poisonous presence around the club in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.