The new caterers for next season.

Genuine question - It irritated me last season when a Chicken Balti pie I was eating burst open covering my chin, trousers and shoes with an unbearable molten-lava-hot sauce!
I notice the new Jamie Oliver burgers appear to have a dollop of sauce on top - is it likely that they will provide a knife & fork or are we supposed to eat the sauce with our fingers?

armadillo495 said:
Genuine question - It irritated me last season when a Chicken Balti pie I was eating burst open covering my chin, trousers and shoes with an unbearable molten-lava-hot sauce!
I notice the new Jamie Oliver burgers appear to have a dollop of sauce on top - is it likely that they will provide a knife & fork or are we supposed to eat the sauce with our fingers?

Brown sauce or red sauce?
Is the sauce Heinz?
Thanks.

armadillo495 said:

from what I remember the basic burgers and pies came as you'd expect. The more upmarket ones came in those cardboard tray things, the upmarket pies come with mash and stuff as well and the cutlery side will be looked after by legends who had to undergo intense De Niro scrutiny because he once had to have a fork cleaned by the staff behind the counter so his family could eat their chips and gravy.

So I expect that you will get the usual cutlery but that it will actually be there. I tried the chicken balti and it certainly didn't explode, was very nice though.

TGR said:
armadillo495 said:

Brown sauce or red sauce?
Is the sauce Heinz?
Thanks.

If you're talking about the new pies - in the picture it looked like a Hollandaise sauce, however if you're referring to my Balti pie incident, the sauce was was already inside the pie and was a brownish molten liquid the like of which I have not seen before.

Moving into the 21st Century at last with the food! it always irked me that we couldn't get decent healthy and filling grub at the ground, now it's even worse for me, as I have Coeliacs so can't eat anything made with wheat, so no pies, battered fish ( unless I either take off the batter or risk the wrath of the shits the next day) pasta, bread... so, it'll just be chips for me, unless he's doing sushi!

Bewar3them00n said:
Moving into the 21st Century at last with the food! it always irked me that we couldn't get decent healthy and filling grub at the ground, now it's even worse for me, as I have Coeliacs so can't eat anything made with wheat, so no pies, battered fish ( unless I either take off the batter or risk the wrath of the shits the next day) pasta, bread... so, it'll just be chips for me, unless he's doing sushi!
Me and you (and my mum) together, mate. The promise of salad options is hopeful.

There's a slight problem. Has anyone else picked up on it yet? Occurred to me the other day.

TBH it's a bit potty really, and some on here will scream Clarkie and scoff, but it's the age we live in

[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/23/article-0-1AF40AAC000005DC-547_634x418.jpg[/bigimg]

Anyone?

PS. Damn, that looks good. :-)

Just looking at the burger would the wooden stick be deemed as a offensive weapon after you have eaten the burger
Showsec will have a field day ejecting fans for eating a burger with concealed offensive weapon in it

my nine year old filled in the survey at the ground the other day and commented that she'd like more healthy options on the menu.
i asked her whether given the choice of something healthy or the hot dog, she said she'd have the hot-dog any day :-/ it's ok teaching kids about healthy eating but getting them to buy into it is a different matter altogether...

kashmir said:
Just looking at the burger would the wooden stick be deemed as a offensive weapon after you have eaten the burger
Showsec will have a field day ejecting fans for eating a burger with concealed offensive weapon in it

+1 to kashmir!

Exactly that man.

Put it this way. Bottle tops aren't allowed on the terraces, so how are they going to enforce a 2 inch(?) sharp wooden stick from being taken on to the terraces?

It's not a laughing matter. ;-)

PS. That is the top of the range and most expensive burger out of the 3 tasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.