The new caterers for next season.

MCFC BOB said:
Isn't that an ice-lolly stick?

TBH I didn't see the stick close up.

However, you'd think it would have to be pretty sharp to go through all of that.

Saying that, lolly sticks can do a lot of damage.

jrb said:
kashmir said:
Just looking at the burger would the wooden stick be deemed as a offensive weapon after you have eaten the burger
Showsec will have a field day ejecting fans for eating a burger with concealed offensive weapon in it

+1 to kashmir!

Exactly that man.

Put it this way. Bottle tops aren't allowed on the terraces, so how are they going to enforce a 2 inch(?) sharp wooden stick from being taken on to the terraces?

It's not a laughing matter. ;-)

PS. That is the top of the range and most expensive burger out of the 3 tasted.

But didn't they say that was the one they were going to serve in hospitality/the boxes? Do they eject people from there? In fact do they even have Showsec there?

rickmcfc said:
Without reading 24 pages of info, are there any prices yet, because if all those food items are made from fresh ingredients, those burgers will not be cheap! Also, any info on what drinks will be served?
I think everyone's waiting for the prices mate
It's something they have to get just right I guess
I'll be trying it out anyway.

The cookie monster said:
rickmcfc said:
Without reading 24 pages of info, are there any prices yet, because if all those food items are made from fresh ingredients, those burgers will not be cheap! Also, any info on what drinks will be served?
I think everyone's waiting for the prices mate
It's something they have to get just right I guess
I'll be trying it out anyway.

No prices confirmed yet.

But the general consensus was a slight increase per product.

If true, that just shows the scope of margins and profits already being made on the previous........(fill in as appropriate) food at City.

In essence, for a slight increase, you can now have real fresh food, instead of the shite that was sold previously.

Does this apply to City Square btw - apologies if I've missed the discussion in this thread.
Doesn't Marco Pierre White run the food there? My kids once had one of the burgers there and there was little difference to something you'd get next to a Waltzer in Great Yarmouth.

...this does seem pretty serious however, and by the look of those burgers you'd pay anything up to a tenner in the City Centre.
Be great if they could local ale merchants on board...there's enough of them in the North West.

somapop said:
Does this apply to City Square btw - apologies if I've missed the discussion in this thread.
Doesn't Marco Pierre White run the food there? My kids once had one of the burgers there and there was little difference to something you'd get next to a Waltzer in Great Yarmouth.

...this does seem pretty serious however, and by the look of those burgers you'd pay anything up to a tenner in the City Centre.
Be great if they could local ale merchants on board...there's enough of them in the North West.

Yes it will be in City square and outlets around the 'campus'. And I am telling you very seriously that those burgers were brilliant and I have never been a fan of burgers but I will be buying one of those or a pie at the matches. (Not chicken balti though!!)

The pricing side they just more or less said words to the effect of in line with inflation. But around the same price.

somapop said:
According to those in the brewing industry; real ale isn't really suitable for a venue that is only used two or three times a month.

East Level 2 said:
somapop said:
According to those in the brewing industry; real ale isn't really suitable for a venue that is only used two or three times a month.

Real ale doesn't have a long 'shelf' life:

"Traditional British beer (or real ale, as aficionados call it) keeps for only a few precious days, requiring careful storage at exactly the right temperature by expert cellarmen. Like a good wine or whisky, it continues to improve in the barrel, and must be consumed at just the right time."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.