The New Top Gear, Yes or No.

Yeah this week's episode was a massive improvement. Not that that was difficult.

But one cliche about Top Gear was always "it's not really a car show." And it's not true. While the South Africa video was pretty good, they barely mentioned the cars all the way through. With the old crew, while they would do these extravagant road trips, they were still ostensibly reviewing the car they were driving. The only thing I learned about any of the cars was that the Mercedes had a smaller engine than the other two. But I guess that's what you get when Top Gear is taken over by people who don't really know anything about cars. It's hard to be funny about cars if you don't know anything about them in the same way that it's hard to be funny about football if you know nothing about it.

Was thinking the same thing. The Jag was lovely to look at but apart from the engine size they had chosen I found out nothing else about it. You did used to get the extra information with the other 3.

Not according to him. They had 9m last week. The world has changed and you're living in the past.

Haha i read that from him.

Instead of reinventing the format, they chose to be lazy cunts, copy and fail miserably whilst doing so and are now reaping their just deserts.

2 episodes in and its utter shite.

When they hype dies down it will be a normal decent programme - just the usual initial over-reaction from the social media world we live in that Evans and Co just need to ride out

When they hype dies down it will be a normal decent programme - just the usual initial over-reaction from the social media world we live in that Evans and Co just need to ride out

Does that also mean that when the hype dies down Chris Evans will cease to be an annoying, shouty ****?

As improvements go, that second episode was at least on a par with the turgid unfunny shit the other three churned out in their final two years on the show.

Top Gear has been a pale imitation of its former glorious self for quite some time now, so I don't understand why they've stuck with the same tired old format. The whole "Stig' thing is like some embarrassing pantomime. The Star in a Reasonably Priced Car bollocks got boring years ago, but they've somehow managed to make it even worse. The sofa interview bit the other night was ridiculously bad; it was like something out of a "Time Wasting for Teachers" handbook. And they seem to have completely given up any pretense of actually telling us something interesting about the cars they're driving.

There were a few glimmers of hope, but Evans is always going to be the problem because he's just so unlikable. Bragging about how he'd just bought that new McLaren isn't going to help in that particular department. Stop shouting, stop trying to imitate Jeremy Clarkson, and FFS stop molesting Matt Le Blanc at every possible opportunity, you desperately needy weirdo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.