The next attack on City?

I don't know the detail of the proposals but what would concern me on the face of it is the implications for our academy since we will be taking the worlds best from a young age with the aim of developing world class talent. So for instance, if the academy acquired 7 or 8 under 15's from Africa with potential to become something special, and paying a nominal fee, would this put us in breach of these new regulations?

It seems under these proposals paying £30 plus million for an African star is to be preferred to bringing African talent through our youth system for a nominal fee...

Greg Dyke is just another idiot. All that will be achieved from this is the standard of the premier league will drastically decline, English players won't automatically get better just because their value, both monetary and as a player in the squad will be artificially increased. All that will happen is prices will rise even further and the gap at the top will only get greater.

It's so obvious that the problems lie at grassroots level. Surely everybody can see this? But it just gets avoided at the top level as they look for another reason. it shouldn't be forced upon the big clubs to develop English players anyway. Every premier league club is a business. It's aim is to improve, grow and make money. nationality only comes into the equation because of the existing rules.

The FA can't have it both ways. They can't market the premier league as the best league in the world to milk it for every last penny possible and then complain about the lack of English players. If there was more English players the league would be a lot poorer for it.

How can a bunch of fans see the problem and the FA can't?

Dyke needs to realise that The Premier League is for the Worlds best players not England's best players.

Young English players need to move abroad like every other Nation's youngsters are prepared to do. Kompany pointed this out quite recently. Now there is a guy worth listening to. Hoddle Mills and Dyke? FFS....

They FA are just trying to be seen to be doing something to address the fact that England are poor.

Is it just me who feels embarrassed whenever Dyke opens his mouth? He is supposed to be the head of football in this country, but he comes across as a gobby, ill informed, black cab driver.

Cobwebcat said:
How can a bunch of fans see the problem and the FA can't?

Maybe your average fan has been brainwashed by SKY football etc, when the biggest problem is the FA themselves, (same with FIFA).... Own interests, power,money, they couldn't give two fucks about our national squad which is so fucking evident with some of the crap they come out with. It baffles me how they (like FIFA) get away with it. They're nothing but a highly financed gentleman's club, with the likes of Sky as their propaganda machine.

Half of these c@nts will be dead in ten years, why would they bother spending money on a shit load more coaches etc etc? Basically, they're all bent as fuck

i think that FA means F*** All as in they know F*** All, they have just come with scheme that teams at grass root level that have 3G pitches have to have them tested at a cost of £1000 to see if the ball bounces right, it runs in a straight line and the pitch is level. f***ing unbleaveable.

i think that FA means F*** All as in they know F*** All, they have just come with scheme that teams at grass root level that have 3G pitches have to have them tested at a cost of £1000 to see if the ball bounces right, it runs in a straight line and the pitch is level. f***ing unbleaveable.

Manc in London said:
They FA are just trying to be seen to be doing something to address the fact that England are poor.

Is it just me who feels embarrassed whenever Dyke opens his mouth? He is supposed to be the head of football in this country, but he comes across as a gobby, ill informed, black cab driver.
If c#nts were bright orange Dyke would be a f#cking Jaffa!

Only this morning i was pondering whether it was worth following football anymore. What with the corrupt refereeing, bent draws, financial restrictions, arbitrary rules mainly designed to favour the established elite and to preserve the status quo. Then Dyke chips in with this. Hardly the stuff of excitement and dreams anymore, when all anybody can look forward to is swimming against the tide of corrupt officialdom.
They don't seem to realise it but they are slowly strangling the game just to promote the interests of a small minority of clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.