The next attack on City?

What the FA and all the press seem to forget is when the premier league or old 1st division was packed full of English players, England where still mostly crap , failing to qualify for tournaments. The reason clubs search the world for players is English players aren't good enough the one that are like Barkley Sterling etc make it through. Hopefully more academies like ours will help that .
It's got nothing to do with quotas when you look at our EDS there are a mixture of foreign and English players, but it looks like the foreigners like Lopes, Rekik , Denayer are the most likely to make it through.
There could be an argument that a group of 20 English players that have fought through and played with all the foreign players would make a better England team than choosing from more English players that have been overpaid and had it easy due to quotas.

So basically the FA has another plan to raise the prices of English players and reduce the standard of the Leagues. Great.

i have a lad in the Academy. Should I be pleased about this cos I aint.

If my lad is good enough to make it he is good enough if he isn't he isn't end of. To play for city you have to be world class. To be world class you have to play with and train with players of that level. Players who will make you a better player and test you every day in training.

In my mind this reduces his chance to be good enough to play for City. If he ends up one of the cream playing with the rest of the milk bottle in training how does this make him a better player. The best players wont develop.

It may get him a year or two more but it wont make him a better player and in the long term it will harm him as a player although help his bank balance no doubt. How will it help the English (or Irish) National team.

We need to be able to sign the best kids from all over the world. This will lead to an even more mediocre England team.

Only said to some the other day when talking about this commission all they will do is blame the foreigners. Fucking idiots. Invest in coaching kids properly , pre academy, coach them properly and at 5/6/7 and younger if the are interested. Give the elite academys meaningful competitive matches more often instead of having to play much more inferior teams each week in the current program (no disrespect meant but whats the point of winning 9 , 10 , 15 and even 17 nil against poor academy teams). Match the best with the best more often. Its not rocket science. (soapbox put away)

All very big ifs btw but still affects his development.

All they need now is for piss-can to get the FIFA job to keep their cash cow from never having another season like the last. The scum make certain people in football and the media a lot of money due to the amount of brain dead reds around the world. They can't have the likes of us fucking it up for them.

Hidden in plain sight

It is not an attack on any specific club but it is more protectionism for the clubs with the highest turnover. Mr Dyke's club United would be least affected by these new rules as they would be allowed to pay 15M for a youth prospect and be granted a work permit as they will be less affected by the Premier League's FFP rules.

Does he have to get agreement from a majority of clubs to pass this rule or can he implement it at will ? I doubt those same turkeys that voted for Christmas over FFP rules will be quite as compliant to agree to this. The realisation they have been duped is finally beginning to dawn.

The only way to improve home grown players is to improve coaching at youth level. For the UEFA "A" License, an English coach could pay a maximum of £5,820, in Germany it is €530 and in Spain €1,200. UEFA data shows that there are only 2,769 English coaches holding UEFA's B, A and Pro badges, its top qualifications. Spain has produced 23,995, Italy 29,420, Germany 34,970 and France 17,588.

It really is as simple as that Mr Dyke.

jonmcity said:
metalblue said:
It's bonkers. Not sure it's aimed at us thou as Falcao would not have been able to be signed under these rules as there is no mention of loan deals. Or will the player just have to be worth more than £15m? example; loans, players on free transfers/last year of contract? in that case it all becomes subjective about value.

The FA should be more concerned about appointing an England manager who isn't completely inept rather than this batshit crazy stuff that will cure all Englands ills.

How about sorting grass routes football out, G4 pitches available all over, coaches available to teach kids skills, and not rush football.
regional excellence centres to ensure top talent are getting the best chance.

Oh forgot we blew all the cash on a stadium we cant fill in London, that no one except the cockneys can get too without spending a small fortune.

Make youth football a summer game, last season my grandson had around 8 games called of due to waterlogged playing fields.
If it was a summer game you could play and practise in the evening. Agree with G4 pitches both full size and 5 a side.

GDIAC.

Hamann Pineapple said:
It is not an attack on any specific club but it is more protectionism for the clubs with the highest turnover. Mr Dyke's club United would be least affected by these new rules as they would be allowed to pay 15M for a youth prospect and be granted a work permit as they will be less affected by the Premier League's FFP rules.

Does he have to get agreement from a majority of clubs to pass this rule or can he implement it at will ? I doubt those same turkeys that voted for Christmas over FFP rules will be quite as compliant to agree to this. The realisation they have been duped is finally beginning to dawn.

The only way to improve home grown players is to improve coaching at youth level. For the UEFA "A" License, an English coach could pay a maximum of £5,820, in Germany it is €530 and in Spain €1,200. UEFA data shows that there are only 2,769 English coaches holding UEFA's B, A and Pro badges, its top qualifications. Spain has produced 23,995, Italy 29,420, Germany 34,970 and France 17,588.

on the button. wonder why the press are not saying the same?

Hamann Pineapple said:

Well i have to say them figures are pretty damning. Certainly paints a picture doesn't it. I have to admit i had no idea about the differences between the countries listed. interesting that all 3 have won major international competitions in recent history.

Maybe another way to help the development of youngsters would be for the premier league clubs to really invest in thier academies. Maybe develop land in the local area and build state of the art facilities. they could for example have a multitude of pitches, maybe throw in a mini stadium for the youth teams to play in.
You never know, if a club had the foresight to do this they might develop some of these kids into premier league or to an even higher standard. You could argue that maybe by doing this they would be able to cut back on spending and comply with FFP rules. I am sure Uefa and the FA would look on any club doing this very favorably. Honestly what sort of organisation would be penalised while doing such sterling work. Who knows all this type of improvement in facilities may even help the redevelopment of some inner city areas as well.

I've never read such informed well written posts in any Bluemoon thread since I joined.

Every point being made is bang on.

I can only hope that the Premier League aren't full of the same idiots that run the FA because if Dyke carries on the club game in this country will be ruined. I have to believe that the Premier League aren't this stupid and will want to be able to compete in the Champions League.

I don't think it's a specific attack on us in that we will still be strong domestically but we will lose out Worldwide and That is what the game is now. These little Englanders are clueless.

And I'll tell you another thing, if you think Blatter is bad wait till you hear Mr Champagne's plans to ruin the club game in Europe.

God knows what will happen if the UK ever leaves the EU.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.