The Nigel De Jong Appreciation thread

Re: Nigel De Jong (cont)

Wasn't the same enforcer after the Ben Arfa tackle. Tried to modify his game and be more selective in tackling but never as effective in my eyes. Wish him well at Milan though.

Thanks NDJ for the Nige slide. He understood the Club and more importantly us fans. I have a feeling though we will feel the force some time soon if paths cross in the Champions league...

Just said on SSN he left for £6-7million
Where did the £3million come from everyone was talking about?

Class player, I'll miss him and especially hearing all of the people who would be confused every time Mancini would bring him on in a game that City needed to score in. Would they ever have figured out that it was to get Yaya forward?

buckshot said:
Would they ever have figured out that it was to get Yaya forward?

The best Plan B ever.

Loved seeing Nigel after the FA Cup win - all the antics in the changing room and there's that great picture of him having champagne (?) poured over him.

Hope he knows how much we appreciated him.

Am I alone in not really being that arsed?

De Jong was highly overrated on here and by many in the stands, a lot of blues convinced themselves De Jong bled blue when in reality he was never any different to the likes of Adebayor and Johnson - coming in, and eventually passing through.

A lot of Hamburg fans felt the same way about De Jong, he's not an idiot, he says the right things, some people take that for genuine feelings towards the club, and they're wrong.

We developed a siege mentality with De Jong following the character assassination he suffered following breaking Ben Arfa's leg, we wouldn't accept any criticism of him and to our credit we backed him the whole way. But I think a lot of blues have developed a warped perception of his contribution to our success and his loyalties to City.

When De Jong first moved here he told the Dutch press we were a stepping stone, that he intended to play here until he reached his peak and could then attempt to secure a move to a top club.

He rejected numerous improved contract offers over the past 12 months due to him deeming himself worth upwards of £100,000 a week.

He's just as callous a player as any of them, don't fool yourself otherwise.

He was a professional, he didn't bring hysterics, and I thank him for his service. But he is not a legend, dust yourselves down and take the tinted glasses off.

The closest thing we have to an adopted blue is Vinnie or Zab.

Onwards and upwards.

*singingtheblues* said:
Am I alone in not really being that arsed?

De Jong was highly overrated on here and by many in the stands, a lot of blues convinced themselves De Jong bled blue when in reality he was never any different to the likes of Adebayor and Johnson - coming in, and eventually passing through.

A lot of Hamburg fans felt the same way about De Jong, he's not an idiot, he says the right things, some people take that for genuine feelings towards the club, and they're wrong.

We developed a siege mentality with De Jong following the character assassination he suffered following breaking Ben Arfa's leg, we wouldn't accept any criticism of him and to our credit we backed him the whole way. But I think a lot of blues have developed a warped perception of his contribution to our success and his loyalties to City.

When De Jong first moved here he told the Dutch press we were a stepping stone, that he intended to play here until he reached his peak and could then attempt to secure a move to a top club.

He rejected numerous improved contract offers over the past 12 months due to him deeming himself worth upwards of £100,000 a week.

He's just as callous a player as any of them, don't fool yourself otherwise.

He was a professional, he didn't bring hysterics, and I thank him for his service. But he is not a legend, dust yourselves down and take the tinted glasses off.

The closest thing we have to an adopted blue is Vinnie or Zab.

Onwards and upwards.

Totally agree with every single word of that post !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.