The Nigel De Jong Appreciation thread

Re: Nigel De Jong (cont)

Ed2607 said:
NDJ was the right player at the right time and helped inspire the current Euphoria we have as a team and as fans.
I hate it when people criticise just for the sake of it. Absolutely no need and disrespectful.

Personally I wish he could have stayed but Bobby knows best and life moves on and so does football.

Good luck Nigel and thanks for the good times!

Perfectly put.

didnt want this guy to go..........a true blue warrior, the shirt number i have is 34 but the name above is terminator nuff said..good luck in italy nigel,and leave us with the words i"ll be back....

blink922 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Apologies if this already posted but SSN just said NDJ didn't want to go, had just bought a house in Manchester, but Mancini wanted rid (in so many words)

He should have signed the contract we offered him then.

The contract offer had been on the table for over a year, so he had plenty of time to sign it...

This will show the players that they cannot play games with us anymore..

Love NDJ to bits and he was a huge part of the journey to being PL Champions for me. Just the sort of player I would have liked to see his career out at city & I reckon there will be a few tight games when we are 1 up this season with 20 mins to go where we will miss him - hope I'm wrong.

Ndj part of the original blue revolution. Great guy , top player. Played a major part in us winning the fa cup and premier league. All the best , proper city player. Blood and guts , gave 100% every time he pulled on the blue shirt

cinnamon blue said:
Ndj part of the original blue revolution. Great guy , top player. Played a major part in us winning the fa cup and premier league. All the best , proper city player. Blood and guts , gave 100% every time he pulled on the blue shirt

Brilliant words, couldn't agree more!

Thank you for all you did for Manchester City, Nigel.

You have helped turn City from also-Rans to Premier League Champions and your rôle in our rise should never be underestimated.

I, for one, will never forget your contribution to the City cause over the last 3 1/2 years.

Thank you once again.

i will never hear a bad word about N.D.J...was so important to our success... good luck and best wishes for the future, nigel!!!

Lomas has a lob on said:
cinnamon blue said:

Brilliant words, couldn't agree more!
I don't believe in the whole idea of a "defensive midfielder", when at his best I think he showed he can do more than the negative destructive stuff. What can't be doubted is he was a fantastic character and seeing his reaction on the last day winning the league showed that , wish him all the best!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.