The north/south divide

anyone more than 5 miles away from the ground ..north .south.west.east of it .is a outcast.go and support some other team near you lol

glen quagmire said:
I've always been a southerner (manchester) and always think when i venture into north manchester, it's like going into a time machine and setting it back 30 years. I'm not a fan really. What's your preference?

come to my place mate
its like a throw back to the 50's

gazhinio said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
I said this on the other thread but there definitely seems to be more rags in North Manchester.

A couple of years ago I would of agreed with this statement.
However I work in Newton Heath (the home of the scum) and I can honestly say that the majority of people wearing colours, cars with stickers etc is all about the mighty blues!
Even the rags in work always try and take the piss saying all our fans are from the working class areas such as Miles platting, Collyhurst etc.
To which I always reply...What you mean Manchester?

I was always led to believe that Miles Platting & Collyhurst were red strongholds and City were more prevelant in areas like Burnage & Gorton, basically south and east Manchester? My mate is living in Denton now and there seems to be a lot of blues around there as you'd see in Didsbury, Withington, Moss Side etc. Most people I worked with from north Manchester back in the day supported that other lot though unfortunately.

blue_paul said:
I was always led to believe that Miles Platting & Collyhurst were red strongholds and City were more prevelant in areas like Burnage & Gorton, basically south and east Manchester? My mate is living in Denton now and there seems to be a lot of blues around there as you'd see in Didsbury, Withington, Moss Side etc. Most people I worked with from north Manchester back in the day supported that other lot though unfortunately.
More City season ticket holders in M40 than rag season ticket holders, or at least there was in 2002.

Sad topic.... places with such close proximity and your comparing them with each other.

There will be kids acting black in both sides of Manc, there will be poor/rich families on both sides of Manc, there are Rags on both sides, Blues on both sides, the divide can all fall down to close minded assholes who think they know it all.

On my street in Bury there are 3 city fans and 1 rag, yet on the street next to us there are no blues/rags whatsoever, infact the guys a Bradford City fan.... oh yea and his son acts White even though hes Asian.

to add: shouldn't be judging peoples wealth based on what house they live in or what car they drive.
You ain't seen their bank balance or their physical/mental health.

Go figure

SteSteez said:
Sad topic.... places with such close proximity and your comparing them with each other.

There will be kids acting black in both sides of Manc, there will be poor/rich families on both sides of Manc, there are Rags on both sides, Blues on both sides, the divide can all fall down to close minded assholes who think they know it all.

On my street in Bury there are 3 city fans and 1 rag, yet on the street next to us there are no blues/rags whatsoever, infact the guys a Bradford City fan.... oh yea and his son acts White even though hes Asian.

to add: shouldn't be judging peoples wealth based on what house they live in or what car they drive.
You ain't seen their bank balance or their physical/mental health.

Go figure

steez, you're not from the north or south, what do you know?
;0) Only joking mate

Steez, it was a jokey tounge-in-cheek thread. I didn't think it would get any serious replies!!!!!

north of the ship canal/hyde road =bandit country,east of the A34/wilmslow rd the same,but we're all in the same boat,being raped by the real N/S divide that has never been wider.

I think the main difference between north and south Manchester is the university. On the south you tend to get a lot of students, whereas the north is mainly local people and less outsiders. The south tends to have alot more places to go out because of this reason, fallowfield, withington etc etc.
No matter whether your north, south ,east ,west were all Mancunians and should be proud, its a great city!!! i will have to get back there soon for a visit its been a while.

Wheres my surfboard !!!!!!

M.C.F.C.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.