The north/south divide

unsworthblue said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Evidence?? Or are you another of bluemoons anti semites?
Not at all,i personally have been in business in this area for over 10yrs and my old fella for more than 30,i went to school at a school that had a large jewish community and know plenty of jews.Its the easiest thing in the world to 'suggest' someone is anti semetic,you here it all the time.I accept all people into my life,even red twats,all i am saying is that the Ringley Road area of Whitefield is heavily populated by very dubious business people who happen to be of Jewish origin.Just like there are some dodgy ginger haired kids in Cheshire,these things happen.

Name names, I know people over there. You can't go saying things like that and not substantiate it.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
unsworthblue said:
Not at all,i personally have been in business in this area for over 10yrs and my old fella for more than 30,i went to school at a school that had a large jewish community and know plenty of jews.Its the easiest thing in the world to 'suggest' someone is anti semetic,you here it all the time.I accept all people into my life,even red twats,all i am saying is that the Ringley Road area of Whitefield is heavily populated by very dubious business people who happen to be of Jewish origin.Just like there are some dodgy ginger haired kids in Cheshire,these things happen.

Name names, I know people over there. You can't go saying things like that and not substantiate it.
come off it mate,we can never go down that naming names road,you should know that! I like the Jewish community on the whole,you never get a gang of Jewish scrotes on a street corner trying to tax people! I'm just stating a well known fact.

Skashion said:
blue_paul said:
I was always led to believe that Miles Platting & Collyhurst were red strongholds and City were more prevelant in areas like Burnage & Gorton, basically south and east Manchester? My mate is living in Denton now and there seems to be a lot of blues around there as you'd see in Didsbury, Withington, Moss Side etc. Most people I worked with from north Manchester back in the day supported that other lot though unfortunately.
More City season ticket holders in M40 than rag season ticket holders, or at least there was in 2002.

I am one of those season ticket holders.

It's fair to say that east Manchester is more north Manchester than south.

Does it really matter where ones mansion is ;0)

Seriously do you judge people from where they live I certainly don't

Im South side all the way! Chorlton all the way. Haven't even heard of half the northern parts of Manchester, but just doesn't feel the same up there!

gazhinio said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I totally agree, that Manchester has a definite divide. I am firmly on the South MCR side and have no idea about areas, shops, night-life, schools etc in North MCR. They talk differently and I have no idea of the places they go to. That said we share the same city centre, but I really feel no more affinity to them than I would a cockney or a scouser.

South Manchester is without doubt more wealthy though.

South Manchester more wealthy?
Not having that bb2..I used to know a bloke in Moston who owned his own house!
And he used to shop at J Sainsburys ltd..wise up ; ) <-------- Thats Me :)

North Manc is generally not easy on the eye when driving through etc..but it is full of good honest people and is full of blues too (truth!)

North Manchester is an interesting area, I mean what do we class as North Manchester?
When I was growing up in Moston, I was always of the
opinion that the areas heading out of town, towards Oldham (i.e. Miles Platting, Collyhurst,Harpurhey, Moston, Newton Heath etc) was North Manc?
Is Prestwich and Whitefield classed as North Manc then?

Quite like going for a nice bite to eat in South Manc now and then, tbh there isn't really anything like Didsbury or Chorlton in North Manc..shame really :(

I find it funny when i talk to another Manc over here,and they ask which part of Manchester are you from,i say Cheetham Hill,they always seem to take a half step back away from me.Strange.
Yet,if i say Blackley,its like "oh,right".

pominoz said:
I find it funny when i talk to another Manc over here,and they ask which part of Manchester are you from,i say Cheetham Hill,they always seem to take a half step back away from me.Strange.
Yet,if i say Blackley,its like "oh,right".
Hey mate moving to melbourne in jan from sunny brisbane, was wandering if there are any places where all blues meet up for games.

cheers mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.