The north/south divide

SteSteez said:
Sad topic.... places with such close proximity and your comparing them with each other.

There will be kids acting black in both sides of Manc, there will be poor/rich families on both sides of Manc, there are Rags on both sides, Blues on both sides, the divide can all fall down to close minded assholes who think they know it all.

On my street in Bury there are 3 city fans and 1 rag, yet on the street next to us there are no blues/rags whatsoever, infact the guys a Bradford City fan.... oh yea and his son acts White even though hes Asian.

to add: shouldn't be judging peoples wealth based on what house they live in or what car they drive.
You ain't seen their bank balance or their physical/mental health.

Go figure

Hence my earlier post.
Why do people make their own worlds so small?

As for the difference in Manchester, the fact that we have 80,000 students mainly living in the South of town creates a social difference.

Gazhinio, technically we are Bury South these days unfortunately but having been born in Crumpsall and supporting City I don't consider myself a Bury lad.

It's obvious to say really that the wealthiest areas are in the South with it's proximity to Cheshire and the more affluent areas there, although we do have Ringley Road so it's not all bad :)

To see there are some City fans who think North Mcr is full of reds seems particularly ignorant of the size of the P&W branch some years back and may as well add credence to the line that all City fans come from Stockport.

Citizen52 said:
Gazhinio, technically we are Bury South these days unfortunately but having been born in Crumpsall and supporting City I don't consider myself a Bury lad.

It's obvious to say really that the wealthiest areas are in the South with it's proximity to Cheshire and the more affluent areas there, although we do have Ringley Road so it's not all bad :)

To see there are some City fans who think North Mcr is full of reds seems particularly ignorant of the size of the P&W branch some years back and may as well add credence to the line that all City fans come from Stockport.

Technically i'm South Radcliffe, Bury South, i think. And i'm claiming Ringley Road as Radcliffe. Crazy.

North Manchester seems to have a higher proportion of horrible gary neville style rags....who never go to games but can be found in a shitt boozer watching every game on dodgy satellite and shouting the odds.

stonerblue said:
Citizen52 said:

Technically i'm South Radcliffe, Bury South, i think. And i'm claiming Ringley Road as Radcliffe. Crazy.
Ringley road is Whitefield.The posh part anyway and heavily populated by wealthy jews who have ripped people off or gone bankrupt various times!

Gaudino said:
Born and grew up in Newton Heath, and rag heritage aside it was always more Blue than red...As was Failsworth too.

The North - South divide is real though....with North far harder than the soft Southern puffs, lol.

Agreed 100%. Failsworth was allways Blue, and of course harder.
As far as seemingly being in the past goes, give em time and they'll be puffs too. There will be no one whitening their teeth and carrying handbags around props hall drive, me old fruits. Guess I'd better put a smiley ;)

Grew up and lived in the North (Prestwich), and loved the place. Great people and great pubs.
Sadly it's no longer the place I grew up in. Loads of shut down boozers, wrecked by Scum from Kersal and Broughton, who burnt down their locals and decided to drink in Prestwich bringing along their toy gangsta shit.

Lived in Sale for 8 years and found the place sterile and soulless, shit pubs, shit restaurants.
Chorlton and Didsbury are fine places and I used to go there a lot.

The only differences for me between North and South Manc is the superiority complex of the Southern Mancs. The North Manc lads don't give a fuck and just get on with it.

Oldham, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan don't count - they're just subhuman.

Swales lives said:
Oldham, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan don't count - they're just subhuman.

You taking the p*ss?

I'm not from Bury but I live here, have no major problem whatsoever with the area I live in.... Far more game attending blues live around me here in Tottington than when I lived in "Manchester" wherever the F*ck that is. infact nobody could even speak English.

It's not about where your from, it's about where your at!

Ask the vast majority of this world where you live and if you said any place in the northWest they would look baffled... to the rest of the world its Manchester and Liverpool.

unsworthblue said:
stonerblue said:
Ringley road is Whitefield.The posh part anyway and heavily populated by wealthy jews who have ripped people off or gone bankrupt various times!

Evidence?? Or are you another of bluemoons anti semites?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
unsworthblue said:

Evidence?? Or are you another of bluemoons anti semites?
Not at all,i personally have been in business in this area for over 10yrs and my old fella for more than 30,i went to school at a school that had a large jewish community and know plenty of jews.Its the easiest thing in the world to 'suggest' someone is anti semetic,you here it all the time.I accept all people into my life,even red twats,all i am saying is that the Ringley Road area of Whitefield is heavily populated by very dubious business people who happen to be of Jewish origin.Just like there are some dodgy ginger haired kids in Cheshire,these things happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.