The official EDS and academy thread 2011/12

FantasyIreland said:
Hungarian twins Gergely and David Bobal are set to return to Manchester City in the summer after impressing in an initial trial.
The 16-year-old pair, a striker and a defender, both trained with City for a week earlier this week.
The Honved pair did well and are now believed to have been invited back for a pre-season training camp in Austria.
"We were happy to get this chance, it was a great occasion to get experience," Gergely Bobal told a press conference in Hungary.
"We worked with City's second team, it was a fast training but I think we could compete well."
David Bobal added: "I enjoyed playing there, everyone was very kind to us."
Gergely, also looks set to get his first-team debut in the coming weeks with Honved.
"There are four rounds left, I'll work hard and I'll try to prove if I get the chance."
repeated in the Fail today
City seeing double as Mancini moves for Hungarian twins after impressive trial
27 April 2012

Manchester City are expected to sign Hungarian twins Gergeky and David Bobal are the teenage pair impressed on trial.
The 16-year-olds spent a week at the Carrington training base attempting to convince Roberto Mancini they were worthy of a place in the academy.
And it seems the pair - one of which plays as a striker, and the other as a defender - were successful. They will now attend a pre-season training camp in Austria later this year.

Clap your hands, say yeah: Roberto Mancini was impressed by the Hungarian twins

Speaking to a press conference in their homeland, Gergely said: 'We were happy to get this chance, it was a great occasion to get experience. We worked with City’s second team, it was a fast training but I think we could compete well.'
David added: 'I enjoyed playing there, everyone was very kind to us.'
The pair are yet to feature for their club Honved at senior level, although Gergely has hopes of a debut in the coming weeks as the Hungarian season meanders to an end.
He added: 'There are four rounds left, I'll work hard and I’ll try to prove if I get the chance.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2136036/Manchester-City-sign-Hungarian-teenage-twins.html#ixzz1tKOlO4Is" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1tKOlO4Is</a>

Disaster for the U18s, shows some serious mental weakness by the kids that won't have impressed the coaches. They were dominant and terrific all season until crunch time. So United have to beat Blackburn for our U18s to win the league? United's U18s are terrible this season so it'd be an upset if they do.

LoveCity said:
Disaster for the U18s, shows some serious mental weakness by the kids that won't have impressed the coaches. They were dominant and terrific all season until crunch time. So United have to beat Blackburn for our U18s to win the league? United's U18s are terrible this season so it'd be an upset if they do.
A draw would keep us top

greasedupdeafguy said:
LoveCity said:
A draw would keep us top

Even that is asking a lot but offers some hope. They lost to Everton 2-1 today (United U18s that is) and are bottom now I think but with some games in hand.

greasedupdeafguy said:
LoveCity said:
A draw would keep us top

Even if #MUFC do us a favour - playing like we are we wouldn't do anything against Newcastle, Leicester or Fulham(not Southampton like the always realiable(cough!) official website said) in the play offs anyway.

Whilst it is disappointing to lose 3 games in a row when a win would win the group, the replies today on here are a little OTT.

Winning leagues and cups is great but it's not the be all and end all at this level. The feeling of disappointment and analysing where it went wrong is more valuable to a players development than winning the league at a canter.

Chelsea have all but won the FA Youth Cup this season but finished 7th in their group, if we were 7th people on here would be calling for a overhaul in the academy.

greasedupdeafguy said:
pozo scored twice for the u16s in there win

At least some good news from the U-16s.
U-18s, Courtney Meppen-Walter seems to have had a horror of a game. 1 or 2 own goals it seems, and he has admitted responsibility for the loss via Twitter..

Like the poster mentioned above, have their form suddenly turned shite knowing that at least half of them won't be there next season? Cos, they had 3 games to win the group, yet somehow lost all three, not even a draw..how does that happen after such a good run of performances?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.