The official EDS and academy thread 2011/12

sincity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
pozo scored twice for the u16s in there win

At least some good news from the U-16s.
U-18s, Courtney Meppen-Walter seems to have had a horror of a game. 1 or 2 own goals it seems, and he has admitted responsibility for the loss via Twitter..

Like the poster mentioned above, have their form suddenly turned shite knowing that at least half of them won't be there next season? Cos, they had 3 games to win the group, yet somehow lost all three, not even a draw..how does that happen after such a good run of performances?

The only ones that have been released according to the reserve and academy site were on the bench today. The starting 11 are either first years or the better 2nd years.

They took the lead in two of the games as well, it's just football. It's happened to the first team,

George King is definitely being released I remember hearing, he was one of the subs today. Luke Coulson going too too, was on the bench today, his younger brother Sam is an under-16 and already gone (played for Stoke U16s against our U16s today). Think most of the main U18s will be staying and in the EDS/reserves next year.

LoveCity said:
George King is definitely being released I remember hearing, he was one of the subs today. Luke Coulson going too too, was on the bench today, his younger brother Sam is an under-16 and already gone (played for Stoke U16s against our U16s today). Think most of the main U18s will be staying and in the EDS/reserves next year.

Paul Clowes has been released too<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:40 pm --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
Whilst it is disappointing to lose 3 games in a row when a win would win the group, the replies today on here are a little OTT.

Winning leagues and cups is great but it's not the be all and end all at this level. The feeling of disappointment and analysing where it went wrong is more valuable to a players development than winning the league at a canter.

Chelsea have all but won the FA Youth Cup this season but finished 7th in their group, if we were 7th people on here would be calling for a overhaul in the academy.

Your point of an OTT reaction would only hold any real validation if all three teams were doing well or had something to play for which non of the three had

WNRH said:
sincity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
pozo scored twice for the u16s in there win

At least some good news from the U-16s.
U-18s, Courtney Meppen-Walter seems to have had a horror of a game. 1 or 2 own goals it seems, and he has admitted responsibility for the loss via Twitter..

Like the poster mentioned above, have their form suddenly turned shite knowing that at least half of them won't be there next season? Cos, they had 3 games to win the group, yet somehow lost all three, not even a draw..how does that happen after such a good run of performances?

The only ones that have been released according to the reserve and academy site were on the bench today. The starting 11 are either first years or the better 2nd years.

They took the lead in two of the games as well, it's just football. It's happened to the first team,

So..overconfidence then?

mcfcdaytona said:
Your point of an OTT reaction would only hold any real validation if all three teams were doing well or had something to play for which non of the three had

Derby are doing ok aren't they? Anyway i don't think it's correct to judge other teams positions. Like i said United and Chelsea went far in the youth cup and both aren't ripping up tree's in their respective groups. Kids at this age will be inconsistent.

WNRH said:
mcfcdaytona said:

Derby are doing ok aren't they? Anyway i don't think it's correct to judge other teams positions. Like i said United and Chelsea went far in the youth cup and both aren't ripping up tree's in their respective groups. Kids at this age will be inconsistent.

When did the academy last lose 3 leagues games on the run - I think you might find it was never. Players of course have their off days - but to show so little desire in the games shows a team full of non winners who a few like to big themselves up on twitter. Chelsea have played different teams in the youth & the cup for at least 5 years now & Utd was just a run of a few lucky cup games as they were outplayed in at least 2 of those games. There are many problems with our academy/reserve staff that need addressing if we are to bring world class youth talent to City. This run of three game has only served to afirm this position and so not reacting & to just shrug it off as youthful inconsistency is perhaps the OTT reaction.

mcfcdaytona said:
WNRH said:
mcfcdaytona said:

When did the academy last lose 3 leagues games on the run - I think you might find it was never. Players of course have their off days - but to show so little desire in the games shows a team full of non winners who a few like to big themselves up on twitter. Chelsea have played different teams in the youth & the cup for at least 5 years now & Utd was just a run of a few lucky cup games as they were outplayed in at least 2 of those games. There are many problems with our academy/reserve staff that need addressing if we are to bring world class youth talent to City. This run of three game has only served to afirm this position and so not reacting & to just shrug it off as youthful inconsistency is perhaps the OTT reaction.

Do you watch the games? Who are the ones who lacked desire and the ones who have shown promise to those who can't get down and what needs addressing?

I didn't say it was solely down to inconsistency, i said kids are inconsistent and maybe the pressure did get to them, i would imagine they have never experienced it before, it's a good learning experience, as valuable as winning the league itself in my opinion.

Do you watch the games? Who are the ones who lacked desire and the ones who have shown promise to those who can't get down and what needs addressing?

I didn't say it was solely down to inconsistency, i said kids are inconsistent and maybe the pressure did get to them, i would imagine they have never experienced it before, it's a good learning experience, as valuable as winning the league itself in my opinion.[/quote]

I've seen 27/31 of their league/cup games this season - is that good enough for you in case you are insinuating I am coming from a position of ignorance.

I suggest that only 2 of the 2nd years have the application to make it as top level pros if they can stay clear of injury.

mcfcdaytona said:
I've seen 27/31 of their league/cup games this season - is that good enough for you in case you are insinuating I am coming from a position of ignorance.

I suggest that only 2 of the 2nd years have the application to make it as top level pros if they can stay clear of injury.

It was a genuine question. No need to be so touchy. So only 2 of the whole U18 in your opinion have the potential to make it?

mcfcdaytona said:

George Evans and...? Rusnak? Huws?

Edit: Just noticed the 2nd years comment, so you're talking about those who have played for the U18s for 2 seasons? Same question though, who are the two you reckon can make it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.